5,597,501 Members 31,379 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
View Poll Results: Do you use autobrightness?
Yes - stock - love it 136 36.56%
Yes - stock - hate it ... [I'll tell you why...] 54 14.52%
Yes - modded [I will post my config] 41 11.02%
No - I never use autobrightness 84 22.58%
No - I don't use it because [I'll tell you why] 28 7.53%
I keep changing brightness settings [Auto-Set] 29 7.80%
Voters: 372. You may not vote on this poll

[POLL] Autobrightness

Tip us?

wwelles
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by bblzd View Post
You know sub zero in lux is just applying a gray screen filter? It won't save you battery and just having lux installed will drain battery without ever showing on your battery graph.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Yeah I guess you're right for the Nexus 5. PROTIP: The gray filter would save battery on OLED screens.

GuitarGuy96
Old
Thanks Meter 16
auto brightness for me on the nexus 5 seems a bit too bright in every scenario.. It also doesn't scale quick enough and if I'm sometimes in a dark room, the brightness scales all the way up rather than dimming instead. It's buggy and not accurate and also isn't scaling fast enough :P Turning the screen off and back on usually gets almost accurate results but still just a tad bit brighter than I'd like it to be.. I began using Lux Brightness control and was honestly loving it but had to let go cause it really drained on the battery. Waiting for some miracle fix by Google in a software update xP

Primokorn
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1454

DONATE TO ME
I always manage it with the statusbar brightness slider to obtain the right brightness level I need without using sensors (better rendering and less energy consumption).

grognaz
Old
Thanks Meter 52
would be great to have a option that changes the overall brightness so its easy to use and one does not have to fiddle with all the values

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

jb0ne
Old
Thanks Meter 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by grognaz View Post
would be great to have a option that changes the overall brightness so its easy to use and one does not have to fiddle with all the values

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
I finally found an app that doors this--YAAB, yet another auto brightness. One slider to lower the overall average brightness. Simple and small.

arvonn
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Thumbs up Best Improvement Yet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilipL View Post
Hi
Here we are. This should only be used on stock 4.4.2 ROMs and flashed from recovery.
Regards
Phil
Thank you very much phil, this has made a major improvement to the autobrightness function at least on my N5...
Lux couldn't do this, GravityBox brightness controls made Autobrightness worse, but the last 24 hrs have been the best for autobrightness so far...

Clearly there is a deficiency with stock brightness table, and it looks like you fixed it, so far so good!
Now quick, get this into AOSP!
Thanks!
Tags
autobrightness, brightness, google, nexus