Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,780,205 Members 40,292 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
View Poll Results: I would donate $x for a 'fix'...
$5 16 59.26%
$10 6 22.22%
$15 1 3.70%
$20 1 3.70%
$25 1 3.70%
>$25 2 7.41%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

[POLL][BOUNTY] DT2W battery drain fix like LG G2 (bump if you vote)

Tip us?

loonycgb2
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Try turning gps off for a day and youll notice the sudden drain cease 50%, but still need the camera fix.

rancur3p1c
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by flar2 View Post
Note the red line going from PMIC_1 to the LCD panel. The Touch panel shares power with the LCD panel, and it's routed through the panel on its way to the touch sensor. The only other connection to Touch is the i2c bus. Without power, it can't sense touches and trigger the interrupt.

The way I got it to detect touches during suspend was to modify the touch panel driver so it doesn't send the command to power off the panel when sweep2wake or doubletap2wake are enabled: https://github.com/flar2/ElementalX-...bccb77014b31a7

Since then, I've messed around with the regulators, off cmds and clocks trying to reduce the power consumption, but drain remains at about 2.5% per hour with the wake features enabled.
Thanks for posting.

-do we have a similar diagram for the LG G2; is the touch panel powered off the LCD panel's vrail like N5?
-How did we determine that
Code:
ctrl->off_cmds.cmds[1].payload[0] = 0x11
is what is needed to do this? Can we just try sending 1-255 to see what happens? IE we find a way to keep the LCD powered, but shut it off so it's not actually using power. I presume the only way to do this would be to find a command or register value on the touch I2C that powers off the LCD panel. How many addresses are there that we need to test write values to to find said needle?
-Are we talking an LG internal spec sheet or an I2C slave sheet? It would be possible to find the latter with the right connections....

flar2
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 25,778

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by rancur3p1c View Post
Thanks for posting.

-do we have a similar diagram for the LG G2; is the touch panel powered off the LCD panel's vrail like N5?
-How did we determine that
Code:
ctrl->off_cmds.cmds[1].payload[0] = 0x11
is what is needed to do this? Can we just try sending 1-255 to see what happens? IE we find a way to keep the LCD powered, but shut it off so it's not actually using power. I presume the only way to do this would be to find a command or register value on the touch I2C that powers off the LCD panel. How many addresses are there that we need to test write values to to find said needle?
-Are we talking an LG internal spec sheet or an I2C slave sheet? It would be possible to find the latter with the right connections....
Not sure if the magic needs to happen in the panel ic or the touch ic.

I will look for the lg g2 service manual when I have a chance.

You can put any number in the off_cmds and the touch screen will stay on. The only command that "does something" is 0x10, which powers off screen (no drain, no response from touch irq). I can't find any documentation online, but the commands look similar on other msm8974 devices.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to flar2 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

rancur3p1c
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by flar2 View Post
Not sure if the magic needs to happen in the panel ic or the touch ic.

I will look for the lg g2 service manual when I have a chance.

You can put any number in the off_cmds and the touch screen will stay on. The only command that "does something" is 0x10, which powers off screen (no drain, no response from touch irq). I can't find any documentation online, but the commands look similar on other msm8974 devices.
I'm sure you've already covered all the bases.

oo0
Old
Thanks Meter 224
you can make time based Tasker profile to save power during night, toggling 2wake on and off.
Code:
echo 0 > /sys/android_touch/doubletap2wake
Code:
echo 1 > /sys/android_touch/doubletap2wake
testing Proximity Sensor based Tasker profile with simillar variables to check if it drains less, then 2w listener, when sensor is covered, but doesen't seem like a real difference.

Lethargy
Old
Thanks Meter 1,353
Quote:
Originally Posted by oo0 View Post
you can make time based Tasker profile to save power during night, toggling 2wake on and off.
Code:
echo 0 > /sys/android_touch/doubletap2wake
Code:
echo 1 > /sys/android_touch/doubletap2wake
testing Proximity Sensor based Tasker profile with simillar variables to check if it drains less, then 2w listener, when sensor is covered, but doesen't seem like a real difference.
What this thread is for is to aim to reduce the battery consumption for the feature, not a workaround as people have already been doing that.

However, it seems unlikely as it might be a hardware limitation.

Sent from my Nexus 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyphur
You ask us to understand your position. Well if you want to benefit from our experience and time then I think it is only fair that you understand our position.
I actively add ignorant people to my ignore list.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lethargy For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]