Post your broken Nexus 5 thread

Search This thread

Sharpie24l

Jun 4, 2014
Gainesville, FL
Idk about that case but anything slim won't protect from a fall. Hard cases are even worse. The spigen ones are good cause they have the padded sides. There's also some Tech something case with puddy on the inside that absorbs shock. My spigen ultra hybrid saved my phone twice already.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Its a tech 21 Impactology case.

I was in a super rush yesterday and left my phone on the roof of my truck. Took a left turn and saw it fall to the pavement. Landed screen down but it was in the tech 21 case. Came away without a scratch not even a smudge. I went straight to the store and bought a lottery ticket (unfortunately all of my luck went to saving my phone I guess.)

Bruce Lee

Jan 20, 2011
Ohio
plus.google.com
Its a tech 21 Impactology case.

I was in a super rush yesterday and left my phone on the roof of my truck. Took a left turn and saw it fall to the pavement. Landed screen down but it was in the tech 21 case. Came away without a scratch not even a smudge. I went straight to the store and bought a lottery ticket (unfortunately all of my luck went to saving my phone I guess.)
That's a nice case. I have that one too. Pretty neat technology in that case.

cbutt

Jan 13, 2011
Yonkers, NY
6e6eqa3y.jpg

Husband's n5.the dropped a weight on it at the gym... Didn't bother to replace the screen/digitizer, sold it on ebay.

TheLastSidekick

Recognized Contributor
Aug 4, 2012
Just looking at this thread makes me cringe in pain.

Seeing a stupid comment on Google Play about an app you love and marking it as "spam". You've done it too.

peron

May 17, 2008
My N5 took a major fall with me while mountain biking.
Was in my back pocket and with ringke slim case on it.
We both needed plenty of plasters afterward.
100€ later and it is back as new.
teze7u9y.jpg

Reactions: californicated

kurtyyyyyy

Sep 13, 2012
rxIEf2G.jpg

Fell out of my shorts when catching some rays

Everything still works, apart from an annoying buzz during calls.

rootSU

Apr 17, 2014
Google
seeing this thread makes me slightly more caring for my device, it has already fell twice in last two weeks, second one pretty bad, both from about 4.5ft, but i think my neo hybrid replica has protected it well.. :p

wewooo

Jan 6, 2013
I got away lucky, I wasn't paying attention and pushed my phone of the high counter top (about 5 feet) it hit the tile floor flat on its back. There are no scratches or shattered glass and still looks mint.

mremo

May 25, 2014
Husband's n5.the dropped a weight on it at the gym... Didn't bother to replace the screen/digitizer, sold it on ebay.

Wow that looks gnarly. I have a friend who accidentally drove over his GS4 and it didn't look so bad. I wonder if those ebay guys could even fix it

nidnarb

Jan 15, 2012
Bellingham
Man poor nexus 5s. I went up to my attic the other day and my nexus 5 fell out of back pocket and dropped down about 10 feet onto my hardwood floor. NO DAMAGE whatsoever. I have been using a spigen neo hybrid case since day one. sorry for your losses. :good:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    well this isn't mine but I think it's worthy to show and difficult to beat

attachment.php

I can beat that. This is what happen when you drop your phone down the toilet.
    well this isn't mine but I think it's worthy to show and difficult to beat

attachment.php
    This thread is painful to my eyes

Sent from my Nexus 5.
    • SlimKat ROM
    Anyone got anymore broken Nexus 5s? I'm enjoying this lol.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    This is mine, fell out of my hand while i was arseholed sending a text, it had a Ringke slim on it and it his the tarmac where there wasn't any case (typical) Got £140 for it on Ebay and replaced it with a new one costing £240 from Carphone Warehouse which now wears a cruzerlite case