Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,579 Members 43,628 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Just to Clarify about Vibration Motor defect in Nexus 5

Tip us?

djskarpia
Old
(Last edited by djskarpia; 7th November 2013 at 09:06 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 236
Default Just to Clarify about Vibration Motor defect in Nexus 5

I read lot of posts where people is asking himself if the nexus 5 vibration is normal or not (seems like a truck). I'm here to CLARIFY the question. I can do this because fortunately i bought 2 phones (1 for me and 1 for my girlfriend) and i have 1 faulty and 1 not.
To explain better i can 100% says that the sounds i listened into the defect thread is exactly like my phone (the faulty one - 32gb white) and the other one (32 gb - black) is totally DIFFERENT AND NORMAL, so guys i know lot of you are happy to have a vibrator in their hands but trust me and check with someone else you meet : is FAULTY ,the right one is normal, like any other phone (to be honest isn't a good quality vibration like my htc one for example, but it doesn't sound loud as the faulty).

and few words about this:

I know guys that everyone here loves google, me too, but i'm objective. If you sell a phone and for example os is not 100% stable, i can understand, i wait updates and it's ok; if you don't put a 2$ earphones inside, i can accept, but if you sell phones with dead pixels, dust under screen, faulty and crappy vibrator motors, faulty screens, faulty buttons with rattle, here is a question of QUALITY and PLEASE don't say me that the phone is low cost. I PAID 410 EUROS, not 100 and if go to a market and i buy a cheap phone (100euro) i don't have rattle or something like this. We can say that they don't do quality control process properly and that a BIG company like google MUST check this and the data that confirm my ideas is the form that users here have compiled: only 38% of phones are resulted with NO DEFECTS, all others with SAME PROBLEMS, so it's not just a feeling. It's a Real problem...

my suggestion is : DO RMA until it's possible, my MONEY wasn't with dust, or it wasn't rattling...

hope to have done a useful thing

A.C.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to djskarpia For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

finalhit
Old
Thanks Meter 217
You're using ellipsis instead of periods.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to finalhit For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ahfunaki
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by finalhit View Post

lol...

ppcpirate
Old
Thanks Meter 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by finalhit View Post

it's okay, he's European.
The Following User Says Thank You to ppcpirate For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

FuMMoD
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2,223

DONATE TO ME
I paused every single time i saw those "...". Damn it lol

iNaruX
Old
(Last edited by iNaruX; 7th November 2013 at 04:36 PM.)
Thanks Meter 18
Lol...Id suggest waiting for the 2nd or 3rd charge or just replace the motor yourself (it is glued to the BACKPLATE, so its VERY easy ) - at the moment with my personal experience, there are more faulty motors than correct ones..it might just be something like the Power Button rattle, easy to fix. I have had hands on 5 devices (including mine) - ALL of them did that Chirping sound when typing on the keyboard ( all of them were black, if it matters ). So RMAing now will most likely not result in a perfect device. You just might get a worse one..

So again: Wait a few months and then RMA -> until then JUST DEACTIVATE the vibration on keypress - this is an easy fix as the chirping noise only occurs on very short vibrations rhythms (e.g typing on the keyboard)

Here a sound example what everybody is talking about:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7q6j7iviig...N%20Nexus5.m4a

Greetings and sorry for the bad English grammar - Im European aswell :S
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to iNaruX For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Tony_YYZ
Old
Thanks Meter 95

DONATE TO ME
I'm very confused about what is written in the OP.

What is wrong with the vibration motors? I noticed mine is not as strong as the one in my GS3, but that's about it.
CANADA | ROGERS | NEXUS 5 | D820 | KK 4.4.4 | Stock w/Root & Xposed
Nexus 7 FHD Tablet | FLO | KK 4.4.4 | Stock w/Root & Xposed

http://www.infowerxsolutions.com - Check us out for cheap US roaming plans (Canadians)

Sn00ky
Old
Thanks Meter 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony_YYZ View Post
I'm very confused about what is written in the OP.

What is wrong with the vibration motors? I noticed mine is not as strong as the one in my GS3, but that's about it.
Just play the file above to hear how does it sound like. Is yours the same?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

Tony_YYZ
Old
Thanks Meter 95

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sn00ky View Post
Just play the file above to hear how does it sound like. Is yours the same?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app
Mine does not sound anything like that. It's a consistent vibe.
CANADA | ROGERS | NEXUS 5 | D820 | KK 4.4.4 | Stock w/Root & Xposed
Nexus 7 FHD Tablet | FLO | KK 4.4.4 | Stock w/Root & Xposed

http://www.infowerxsolutions.com - Check us out for cheap US roaming plans (Canadians)

iNaruX
Old
Thanks Meter 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony_YYZ View Post
Mine does not sound anything like that. It's a consistent vibe.
Its not about the consistency...try TYPING with your keyboard...one letter at a time..95% chance it will do that screech sound liek a car choking...