5,604,443 Members 48,361 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

PSX Team's departure from XDA and what it means

Tip us?

nyyankees1237
Old
(Last edited by nyyankees1237; 2nd December 2013 at 03:07 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 174
Default PSX Team's departure from XDA and what it means

I for one, am extremely disappointed in regard to the fact that the devs behind PSX (Pure Speed eXperiment ROM) have left XDA and are going private. If you wish to see exactly why, head over to the now closed thread in OAD, but basically they've resorted to deserting their presence in the Nexus 5 forums due to disrespect put forth by us, the users.

This is a significant wake up call for our community. Now obviously not all of us have been disrespectful, at least the mature majority of us. But, there are many people who have, will continue to be to not only these developers but to all of them.

I'd like to remind those select people of why you are WRONG in every sense of the word by being disrespectful in any matter towards these wonderful developers here at XDA and beyond.

They share *FREE* software that they have spent HOURS upon HOURS on developing not only for themselves but for everyone at absolutely no cost.

Obviously some may provide opportunities to donate monetarily but 99% of the time this is optional.
(Although I do encourage donating and buying their paid apps)

To be ungrateful and simply acting like a whiny brat towards them is unacceptable!

If you experience any bugs, quirks, or anything you don't like in their software; go about reporting these things in a respectful, mature manner in their respective threads, or by PM.

If you can't do that, then simply do not use their software and revert back to stock! It's that simple.

So to end off, thank you Team Speed for your wonderful ROM and kernel that you have provided and will continue to provide to your core user base privately. You all will be missed dearly here on good ol' XDA. And to every other developer, do know that many of us appreciate your hard work, do not be discouraged and please continue to provide your awesome ROMs, kernels, themes, mods, apps and so on.

-Anthony

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to nyyankees1237 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ketjr81
Old
Thanks Meter 69
Actually for a thread that encouraged off topic discussion their thread was pretty good, people mostly talking about whatever and it seemed pretty happy. I would see people ask about features, but they weren't demanding anything there. The last few pages were of people not wanting the ROM to go, and people donating money...which looks a little suspect since they made an announcement of leaving and left the thread open for a while.

If you really can't live without that ROM try using Purity and you'll be fine.
The Following User Says Thank You to ketjr81 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

davwman
Old
Thanks Meter 605
Smatter, u getty no invitey?

mjs2011
Old
Thanks Meter 1628
Personally, I think the whole deal says more about the people who left, not the people here.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to mjs2011 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

galaxys
Old
Thanks Meter 462
^this! For now Purity works for me... plenty of awesome N5 roms!
LGNexus5 <LGNexus4sold <HTCSensationsold <HTCNexus1sold <HTCHermessold <LG5250sold <MotorolaStarTacvault.
The XDA Cheerleaders hope your devices are winners! Happy Flashing!

Galaxys Enterprises: Fashion is a Passion - Life in the Cardio Fast Lane - High Energy Techno Mix - Reach for the Universe!
The Following User Says Thank You to galaxys For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

kornklown69
Old
Thanks Meter 703
lol devs do this all the time until they figure out people aren't downloading there shiz then they "surprise" everyone with a return and use it as a threat... basic psychology

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to kornklown69 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

floxrin
Old
Thanks Meter 24
They'll be back sooner or later... else their stuff will become extinct

finalhit
Old
Thanks Meter 217
Hehe. No idea what happened but Op is right. You guys are self entitled jerks.

You guys act like devs are magical fairies who seize to exist if no one believes in them...or in this case, downloads their roms.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

meangreenie
Old
Thanks Meter 560
Could someone link the offending posts from that thread. I can't really find any.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to meangreenie For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

alpha-niner64
Old
(Last edited by alpha-niner64; 2nd December 2013 at 10:08 AM.)
Thanks Meter 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyyankees1237 View Post
They share *FREE* software that they have spent HOURS upon HOURS on developing not only for themselves but for everyone at absolutely no cost.
I'm not going to pretend every dev here works altruistically, that their work isn't documented and categorized into a work portfolio for future employment opportunities. I can write up a very persuasive essay showing how the devs should be grateful that they're gaining access to free tools and a free test bed to sharpen their skills: whereas in other industries, would cost a lot to even put it through trials. But that's not the point there. The point is that these people(devs) are opportunity-seekers that happen to have a goal that benefits us, the end-users where money doesn't have to exchange hands. Ask Steve Kondik what opportunities he was afforded as a result of his community-work.

These people definitely work hard and that alone deserve acknowledgement, but let's not pretend this was not a mutual business relationship. Do what one has to do in order to sooth the ethical side of this, but end of the day gains and losses all around. Where one team closes up shop, another one opens up to make a name for themselves. (Purity over PSX)

For the lost: the major discussion started here

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to alpha-niner64 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe