Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,817 Members 54,029 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[PT] Nexus 5 - Portugal thread

Tip us?

Nexus Phreak
Old
Thanks Meter 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by sudoeste View Post
You called a store correct? See Fnac.pt 's facebook
I've called several FNAC stores and checked their website. Also, I couldn't find any official statement about the Nexus 5 availability at their facebook page.
Active:
Google Nexus 5 (16GB)
Google Nexus 4 (8GB)
Google Nexus 7 (16GB)
Google Chromecast

Retired (on display):
Google Galaxy Nexus (16GB)
Google Nexus S (16GB)
Google Nexus One
Android Dev Phone 1

sudoeste
Old
Thanks Meter 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexus Phreak View Post
I've called several FNAC stores and checked their website. Also, I couldn't find any official statement about the Nexus 5 availability at their facebook page.
check "posts by others"

Sent from my TF300T using Tapatalk 4

Nexus Phreak
Old
Thanks Meter 18
Quote:
check "posts by others"
Found it, thanks!

The answer given by FNAC's representative wasn't, well... Too convincing. But yeah... Let's see what happens next week and, above all, how much they will ask for it.
Active:
Google Nexus 5 (16GB)
Google Nexus 4 (8GB)
Google Nexus 7 (16GB)
Google Chromecast

Retired (on display):
Google Nexus S (16GB)
Google Nexus One
Android Dev Phone 1

eddie_gordo
Old
Thanks Meter 86
I've ordered a black 32Gb one from the UK play store... Well, not me, but a friend of mine who's working in London.. He will then send it to me through Royal mail. I hope to have it by the 11th or 12th of November..!

Cant wait!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
If I helped you with this post, click the Thanks button!

Nexus 5 with unlocked bootloader

Galaxy Nexus running CM 10.2

HTC Desire Rooted, S-OFF and running CyanogenMod 7.1
Lexar 32 GB Class 10 MicroSD Card with 1024 MB ext3 partition.

ToneJeco
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Fnac.pt will unveil the nexus 5 next week, so next week we'll know if it's an official LG launch or not.
If it is the phone will be available in practically every major chain.

For those thinking about buying via playstore and forward2me it's much cheaper to buy from carphone warehouse (less hassle with mbnet declines, free postage to forward2me and no need for personal shopping)

Sent from my CINK FIVE using Tapatalk
I'm a litle afraid of Fanc's prices since last year they sold Nexus 4 @ 600 but things may be diferent if LG make it official. I hope so since they seem to be trying hard to push their image and get their space in the smartphone's market with G2. A Nexus device is always a good way to increase that recognition.

I almost bought N5 this weekend but I believe is better to chill a bit and wait, I really have no hurge so I'll wait to see how the things evolve and how will be the availability here in Portugal. But that price from carphone is very tempting

Griffrez
Old
Thanks Meter 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToneJeco View Post
I'm a litle afraid of Fanc's prices since last year they sold Nexus 4 @ 600 but things may be diferent if LG make it official. I hope so since they seem to be trying hard to push their image and get their space in the smartphone's market with G2. A Nexus device is always a good way to increase that recognition.

I almost bought N5 this weekend but I believe is better to chill a bit and wait, I really have no hurge so I'll wait to see how the things evolve and how will be the availability here in Portugal. But that price from carphone is very tempting
Nope, you got the same problem. LG wanted to charge 600 for the N4. They'll probably do the same for the N5. So, even if it's an official release, we'll have it for 600 over at FNAC.
If I have helped you, press the button! I'd appreciate that.

This is off-topic to XDA, but if you are interested to start playing "League of Legends", I'd be happy if you used this link to register:
http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?r...99890592345801
Thanks in advance.

Nexus Phreak
Old
Thanks Meter 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToneJeco View Post

Problem is, it isn't that easy to get CPW to send you anything to Portugal, even through a UK forwarding address. Firstly, because you need a credit or debit card associated to an UK billing address (I don't think you can do that with MBNet) and secondly, you need a real UK mobile phone number, something that services like Forward2me do not provide.

And I highly doubt FNAC Portugal will have the Nexus 5 in the coming week as a representative stated at FNAC's facebook page. Right now, the availability of the Nexus 5 in B&M stores isn't a reality with CPW being one of the very few exceptions so it's highly unlikely they'll have it in stock this week. But let's see what happens.
Active:
Google Nexus 5 (16GB)
Google Nexus 4 (8GB)
Google Nexus 7 (16GB)
Google Chromecast

Retired (on display):
Google Nexus S (16GB)
Google Nexus One
Android Dev Phone 1

sudoeste
Old
Thanks Meter 44
Lg has several country wide launches scheduled for this week, so I don't thing that's so unlikely

Sent from my CINK FIVE using Tapatalk

Nexus Phreak
Old
Thanks Meter 18
Quote:
Lg has several country wide launches scheduled for this week, so I don't thing that's so unlikely
Source ?
Active:
Google Nexus 5 (16GB)
Google Nexus 4 (8GB)
Google Nexus 7 (16GB)
Google Chromecast

Retired (on display):
Google Nexus S (16GB)
Google Nexus One
Android Dev Phone 1

Synergix
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Hi everyone.

If I buy a Nexus 5 in the UK to use in Portugal (I have a friend in London that can buy it) will all radios work correctly in Portugal? I know GSM is the same in all Europe but what about 3G LTE. Can anyone confirm or tell me how I can check it?

Tags
buy, nexus 5, portugal, portuguese