5,600,234 Members 36,352 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Question about ROM/KERNEL battery life suggestions.

Tip us?

ozzyGEEK
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 14
Default Question about ROM/KERNEL battery life suggestions.

My Nexus 5 is coming in the mail on friday, and I was wondering if anybody found a good kernel/rom + settings to achieve the best possible battery life? Ive been doing research, and CM nightly + chaos kernel seems like that might work.. any better recommendations?
maybe a certain kernel + stock rooted??
anything? my main concern is battery life... but I also need performance.. not extreme performance but i dont want a laggy interface just for better battery life.

maybe also some undervoltage settings?

please people give me some recommendations or even your personal favorite and why.. thank you.

twolfekc
Old
Thanks Meter 149
Ibtl

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

simms22
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 18044
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzyGEEK View Post
My Nexus 5 is coming in the mail on friday, and I was wondering if anybody found a good kernel/rom + settings to achieve the best possible battery life? Ive been doing research, and CM nightly + chaos kernel seems like that might work.. any better recommendations?
maybe a certain kernel + stock rooted??
anything? my main concern is battery life... but I also need performance.. not extreme performance but i dont want a laggy interface just for better battery life.

maybe also some undervoltage settings?

please people give me some recommendations or even your personal favorite and why.. thank you.
heres exactly what you are looking for http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2477889

experiment a little, try out different combos, thats the only way that you will find the perfect combo for your phone, and for your needs. everyone uses their devices differently, has differing needs, and each device reacts differently to every rom and kernel. whats perfect for me can be terrible for you.
Google+ Profile
Twitter Simms22
DerKernel For Trinity kernels and more!

Judge Joseph Dredd
Old
RC-RT Committee / Senior Moderator - Judgment is Coming
Thanks Meter 21358
Just passing thru....see the post above mine. Thanks

Control Operator 1: Do you require backup? Judge Dredd: No.

You require Assistance, just @ or send it, to my Inbox.
The Following User Says Thank You to Judge Joseph Dredd For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe