Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,213 Members 40,212 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Nexus 5 Malaysian Thread [Pricing, Availability, Reviews, Support and More]

Tip us?

koolbrader
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 50
Default Nexus 5 Malaysian Thread [Pricing, Availability, Reviews, Support and More]

I am surprised that there is no Malaysian thread here because I know a lot of people from Malaysia that would want to own a Nexus 5. I guess everybody is in LowYatForums. Anyway, so yeah, I just wanted a thread where us Malaysians could discuss on how and when we get our Nexus 5.

Hopefully everyone here can speak english or if they would like to speak in Malay or any other languages, please also use Google Translate and provide your translation for the other users.

In my own experience, I can't wait for a Nexus 5 launch in Malaysia so I ordered one from the Australian Google Play Store. Hopefully I'll be able to play with it soon

Any news if n when the Nexus 5 would come into Malaysia or if the Big 3 (Maxis, Celcom, Digi) will be launching with contract?
Hit THANKS if I've helped you because I really appreciate it and it helps me out =]
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to koolbrader For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

rayz93
Old
Thanks Meter 100

DONATE TO ME
I want Nexus 5 so bad to the point i'm very tempted to try borderlinx UK google play store, but the ETA is rought mid/late december, so having mix feeling if I should wait till then when there's a chance local stores will have it. >_<
Current: ---Nexus 5 D821 - Stock ROM | ClockWorkMod Recovery | Lastest Franco Kernel | Xposed - GravityBox---

Wishlist: N/A

R.I.P: Nokia 2100 -> Nokia 6230i -> Nokia N70 -> Nokia N81-3 -> Nokia 5800XM -> Nokia C7 -> SGSII - i9100 (CM9) -> SGSIII - i9300 (CM10.1.3)
The Following User Says Thank You to rayz93 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

norrafi
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Play STORE Au? Berapa lepas convert?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

anan5002
Old
Thanks Meter 0
@koolbrader,

How much it cost you order from Aus? Im planning to do so....

--
Current Phone: Galaxy Nexus

kruzae
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I'm interested in nexus 5, hope they going to sell the 16gb version for less than rm1600

biggiebro
Old
Thanks Meter 18
Very much interested in this device as well. hopefully can trade in my htc one x, gonna miss sense 5 though.

koolbrader
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 50
Sorry I couldn't reply earlier. I have been away for an Explorer's Camp at Bukit Merah Laketown Resort for a week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by norrafi View Post
Play STORE Au? Berapa lepas convert?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Quote:
Originally Posted by anan5002 View Post
@koolbrader,

How much it cost you order from Aus? Im planning to do so....

--
Current Phone: Galaxy Nexus
I bought the White 32GB model from AU Play Store + Shipping&Handling + Tax = RM1400

If you buy from the UK Play Store, just the 16GB model not inclusive of Shipping&Handling and not inclusive of tax = RM1700

So it's better to buy from the AU Play Store in my opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kruzae View Post
I'm interested in nexus 5, hope they going to sell the 16gb version for less than rm1600
I doubt it. I think the 16GB will launch in Malaysia for RM1700 but we can still hope right?
Hit THANKS if I've helped you because I really appreciate it and it helps me out =]
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to koolbrader For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

norrafi
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I already order Black 32Gb from Au Play Store. Stated start shipping 3/12. LYN forumer selling Rm1.8k.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

koolbrader
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by norrafi View Post
I already order Black 32Gb from Au Play Store. Stated start shipping 3/12. LYN forumer selling Rm1.8k.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
Nice 1 bro! My Nexus 5 already arrive at my cousin's house last week. Now I just have to wait for her to come back to Malaysia and then I can play around with it. Can't wait!!

norrafi
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by koolbrader View Post
Nice 1 bro! My Nexus 5 already arrive at my cousin's house last week. Now I just have to wait for her to come back to Malaysia and then I can play around with it. Can't wait!!
If hand carry, can claim GST some more.

Tags
malay, malaysian, nexus 5