Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,117 Members 46,853 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[REF] Nexus 5 Stock OTA URLs

Tip us?
 
oldblue910
Old
(Last edited by oldblue910; Yesterday at 01:35 AM.)
#1  
oldblue910's Avatar
Recognized Contributor / Archivist-in-Chief - OP
Thanks Meter 2198
Posts: 3,146
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Durham, NC

 
DONATE TO ME
Below are a list of all known Nexus 5 OTA updates. Each time there is a new OTA update, the links will be posted here as they become available. If you get an OTA notification that we don't have a link for, please pull the filename out of logcat for us before applying the OTA and post it here. Once you post it, I'll update this post and mirror the file on my website, http://randomphantasmagoria.com, in case Google pulls it down in the future.

OTA Updates - hammerhead
Current firmware: Android 4.4.4, Build KTU84Q for India, 2degrees New Zealand and Telstra Australia. Otherwise, Android 4.4.4, Build KTU84P

KTU84Q from KOT49H - http://android.clients.google.com/pa...H.9cad7d26.zip
KTU84Q from KTU84M - No link yet!
KTU84Q from KTU84P - http://android.clients.google.com/pa...P.a32b2f45.zip
-------------------------------------------------
KTU84P from KTU84M - http://android.clients.google.com/pa...M.c08cce45.zip
-------------------------------------------------
KTU84M from KOT49H - http://android.clients.google.com/pa...H.d173d546.zip
-----------------------------------------------
KOT49H from KFS78N - http://android.clients.google.com/pa...N.2a79b8f6.zip
KOT49H from KQS81M - http://android.clients.google.com/pa...M.f3dc7925.zip
KOT49H from KRT16M - http://android.clients.google.com/pa...M.b3d1f307.zip
KOT49H from KOT49E - http://android.clients.google.com/pa...E.537367d5.zip
----------------------------------------------
KOT49E from KRT16M - http://android.clients.google.com/pa...M.7ed504f6.zip
----------------------------------------------
KRT16M from KFS78N - http://android.clients.google.com/pa...N.c6defefd.zip
KRT16M from KQS81M - http://android.clients.google.com/pa...M.ea9d0ad5.zip


SPECIAL THANKS
Nevvty
fevan
El Daddy
TheManii
switch85
Every OTA update for every Nexus and Google Experience device since the Motorola Droid at http://www.randomphantasmagoria.com/firmware.


Model:
Carrier:
ROM:
Radio:
Bootloader:

Samsung Galaxy S5
SM-G900A
AT&T
klteuc 4.4.2 / KOT49H
G900AUCU2AND3
G900AUCU2AND3

Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0
SGH-I467
AT&T
konalteatt 4.1.2 / JZO54K
I467UCAMF2
I467UCAMF2

Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2
SM-P907A
AT&T
viennalteatt 4.4.2 / KOT49H
P907AUCU1AND7
P907AUCU1AND7
The Following 44 Users Say Thank You to oldblue910 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
benkxda
Old
#2  
benkxda's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1909
Posts: 862
Join Date: Jan 2012

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldblue910 View Post
As with so many Nexus devices in the past, I'm going to be tracking OTA update URLs for the Nexus 5 both in this thread and on randomphantasmagoria.com. The first post will be updated with each OTA and if you get an OTA update on your Nexus 5 that I don't have listed here, please get the URL and post it here for the community!

VERY IMPORTANT
When the Nexus 5 launches, it will most likely have an immediate OTA update available the first time you turn it on. Please DO NOT accept this OTA update without getting some information for me first! Too often, people get excited when they turn on their device for the first time and see an update. They accept the update and before we know it, we end up losing all data on the firmware that the device ships with.

When you get your Nexus 5 and turn it on for the first time, please gather the following info before applying that out-of-the-box OTA update:

1. The values of ro.build.fingerprint and ro.build.date.utc from /system/build.prop.
2. The baseband version (can be found in Settings | About Phone)
3. The bootloader version (can be found by booting into fastboot mode, the bootloader version will be displayed on screen).
4. The filename for the out-of-the-box OTA ZIP file (if any). This file can be found in /cache or you can check logcat for the full URL. Either one works.

If you need help with any of this, I'll be more than happy to assist! After we have this information locked down, feel free to apply the OTA update out of the box and enjoy your new device!!
Thank you, added you to the index.
Copycats from other forums: My work is exclusively for XDA Developers. Ask politely and I may help you.
Please avoid sending me PM with technical questions, place a post to the proper thread instead.

We want HTTPS on XDA!

[ Device Indexes ] - LG G3 | Fairphone 1 | Google Nexus 5 | Google Chromecast | Samsung Galaxy S3 LTE | Samsung Galaxy Nexus
[ General Threads ] - Galaxy Nexus - Extracted Image Files | Nexus 5 - Extracted Image Files | Fairphone | App Translators | App Tester

Profile Extension
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to benkxda For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
thephantom
Old
#3  
thephantom's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 445
Posts: 1,407
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Somewhere in between
subscribing. nice to see oldblue here as well
LG Nexus 5
Nokia Lumia 1520
Asus Google Nexus 7 4.4.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by @rbiter View Post
teach a man to fish, you feed him for life. teach a man to fastboot, and you create competency. and less threads on xda.
The Following User Says Thank You to thephantom For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
TheWhiteChallenger
Old
#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 97
Posts: 472
Join Date: Mar 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldblue910 View Post
As with so many Nexus devices in the past, I'm going to be tracking OTA update URLs for the Nexus 5 both in this thread and on randomphantasmagoria.com. The first post will be updated with each OTA and if you get an OTA update on your Nexus 5 that I don't have listed here, please get the URL and post it here for the community!

VERY IMPORTANT
When the Nexus 5 launches, it will most likely have an immediate OTA update available the first time you turn it on. Please DO NOT accept this OTA update without getting some information for me first! Too often, people get excited when they turn on their device for the first time and see an update. They accept the update and before we know it, we end up losing all data on the firmware that the device ships with.

When you get your Nexus 5 and turn it on for the first time, please gather the following info before applying that out-of-the-box OTA update:

1. The values of ro.build.fingerprint and ro.build.date.utc from /system/build.prop.
2. The baseband version (can be found in Settings | About Phone)
3. The bootloader version (can be found by booting into fastboot mode, the bootloader version will be displayed on screen).
4. The filename for the out-of-the-box OTA ZIP file (if any). This file can be found in /cache or you can check logcat for the full URL. Either one works.

If you need help with any of this, I'll be more than happy to assist! After we have this information locked down, feel free to apply the OTA update out of the box and enjoy your new device!!
Any reason your not just requesting a system dump of the out of the box firmware?

Sent from my XT1080 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
 
oldblue910
Old
(Last edited by oldblue910; 13th October 2013 at 11:48 PM.)
#5  
oldblue910's Avatar
Recognized Contributor / Archivist-in-Chief - OP
Thanks Meter 2198
Posts: 3,146
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Durham, NC

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWhiteChallenger View Post
Any reason your not just requesting a system dump of the out of the box firmware?

Sent from my XT1080 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Good question. Basically it comes down to the fact that system dumps aren't official and you can never be guaranteed that what you're getting is pure and unmodified. Because of that, they're pretty much useless for me.

For a shipping firmware that just gets updated upon first boot, I just want the info. It's much faster for someone to just type out the info I need rather than dumping the system, zipping it, uploading it, downloading it and hitting a hex editor to get the bootloader and baseband versions from the dumps.

I'm sure someone will post a system dump, but unless it's an OTA or a set of official fastboot images from Google, I don't really have any use for them.

Sent from my GT-I9505G using Tapatalk
Every OTA update for every Nexus and Google Experience device since the Motorola Droid at http://www.randomphantasmagoria.com/firmware.


Model:
Carrier:
ROM:
Radio:
Bootloader:

Samsung Galaxy S5
SM-G900A
AT&T
klteuc 4.4.2 / KOT49H
G900AUCU2AND3
G900AUCU2AND3

Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0
SGH-I467
AT&T
konalteatt 4.1.2 / JZO54K
I467UCAMF2
I467UCAMF2

Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2
SM-P907A
AT&T
viennalteatt 4.4.2 / KOT49H
P907AUCU1AND7
P907AUCU1AND7
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to oldblue910 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
TheWhiteChallenger
Old
#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 97
Posts: 472
Join Date: Mar 2013
Gotcha

Sent from my XT1080 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
 
oldblue910
Old
#7  
oldblue910's Avatar
Recognized Contributor / Archivist-in-Chief - OP
Thanks Meter 2198
Posts: 3,146
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Durham, NC

 
DONATE TO ME
Alright guys, the Nexus 5 order pages are live. If anyone buys one, PLEASE get the info I need (listed in the first post) before applying the out-of-the-box OTA update. Thank you!!
Every OTA update for every Nexus and Google Experience device since the Motorola Droid at http://www.randomphantasmagoria.com/firmware.


Model:
Carrier:
ROM:
Radio:
Bootloader:

Samsung Galaxy S5
SM-G900A
AT&T
klteuc 4.4.2 / KOT49H
G900AUCU2AND3
G900AUCU2AND3

Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0
SGH-I467
AT&T
konalteatt 4.1.2 / JZO54K
I467UCAMF2
I467UCAMF2

Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2
SM-P907A
AT&T
viennalteatt 4.4.2 / KOT49H
P907AUCU1AND7
P907AUCU1AND7
 
wvcadle
Old
#8  
wvcadle's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 218
Posts: 805
Join Date: Dec 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldblue910 View Post
Alright guys, the Nexus 5 order pages are live. If anyone buys one, PLEASE get the info I need (listed in the first post) before applying the out-of-the-box OTA update. Thank you!!
Will do. Just ordered my white 32GB with 2 day shipping. I live in WV and know from the N4 release that they have a facility in Lexington, KY where it will most likely ship from.

*subscribing*
Nexus 5: ROM-Slim HTU84P | Kernel-ElementalX
Nexus 7: ROM-Stock KRT16S, Kernel-Stock
People who deserve thanks don't have to ask for it.
 
oldblue910
Old
#9  
oldblue910's Avatar
Recognized Contributor / Archivist-in-Chief - OP
Thanks Meter 2198
Posts: 3,146
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Durham, NC

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by wvcadle View Post
Will do. Just ordered my white 32GB with 2 day shipping. I live in WV and know from the N4 release that they have a facility in Lexington, KY where it will most likely ship from.

*subscribing*
Thank you very much. Much appreciated. Also, once you get that info, apply the out-of-the-box OTA update and then get the same info for the updated firmware as well, please!
Every OTA update for every Nexus and Google Experience device since the Motorola Droid at http://www.randomphantasmagoria.com/firmware.


Model:
Carrier:
ROM:
Radio:
Bootloader:

Samsung Galaxy S5
SM-G900A
AT&T
klteuc 4.4.2 / KOT49H
G900AUCU2AND3
G900AUCU2AND3

Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0
SGH-I467
AT&T
konalteatt 4.1.2 / JZO54K
I467UCAMF2
I467UCAMF2

Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2
SM-P907A
AT&T
viennalteatt 4.4.2 / KOT49H
P907AUCU1AND7
P907AUCU1AND7
 
wvcadle
Old
#10  
wvcadle's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 218
Posts: 805
Join Date: Dec 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldblue910 View Post
Thank you very much. Much appreciated. Also, once you get that info, apply the out-of-the-box OTA update and then get the same info for the updated firmware as well, please!
Will do.
Nexus 5: ROM-Slim HTU84P | Kernel-ElementalX
Nexus 7: ROM-Stock KRT16S, Kernel-Stock
People who deserve thanks don't have to ask for it.

The Following User Says Thank You to wvcadle For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes