FORUMS

What Are the Best Looking Apps on Android?

As more developers are updating their apps with Material Design elements, we’re … more

Cyngn Explained: Who’s Cyanogen, What’s Cyanogen OS?

While Cyanogen, Inc has been the source of many headlines lately, there … more

Verizon Moto X 2014 Receives Root On Kitkat 4.4.4

The Verizon Moto X 2014 has finally received root, albeit only on Kitkat 4.4.4 … more

Android 5.1.1 Released, Google Cell Service – XDA TV

Android Lollipop 5.1.1 has been released. That and much more news is covered … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

**Sticky Roll-Up: All Guides and Info Threads Linked Here**

14th January 2015, 01:07 AM |#81  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Newnan
Thanks Meter: 2,278

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth

How do I root my N7? 😜

I hope you brought plenty of potatoes. You're gonna need them :P
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sandman-007 For This Useful Post: [ View ]

14th January 2015, 01:23 AM |#82  
Forum Moderator
Flag Big scary planet destroying space station.
Thanks Meter: 6,800

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman-007

I hope you brought plenty of potatoes. You're gonna need them :P

Your lack of faith disturbes me. 😜
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Darth For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th January 2015, 05:24 AM |#83  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Newnan
Thanks Meter: 2,278

More
Quote:

Your lack of faith disturbes me. 😜

Oh I have faith. I have that you believe the potato is nothing but a vegetable. Right???.... Good man
The Following User Says Thank You to Sandman-007 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th February 2015, 05:33 AM |#84  
Flag Quezon City
Thanks Meter: 32

More
@Lethargy can i use your method 1 for downgrading unrooted/STOCK android 5.0.1 to stock 4.4.4?
7th February 2015, 05:39 AM |#85  
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag えうれる
Thanks Meter: 3,186

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiserlourdes

@Lethargy can i use your method 1 for downgrading unrooted/STOCK android 5.0.1 to stock 4.4.4?

Method 1? Huh? I think you're posting in the wrong thread. Please post your question in the relevant thread, this one isn't for asking for help.
17th March 2015, 04:47 PM |#86  
Flag えうれる

More
@Darth @Sandman-007

Just some ideas here, mostly purely suggestions that may tidy up the Nexus 5 forum a bit:

First of all @Darth you might wanna clean this thread later except OP since there is a bit of OT and other clutter.. In a sticky thread lol.

The whole point of a "sticky roll-up" is to tidy up the forum and have fewer stickied threads, as well as link all the useful/helpful threads (guides, resources, discussions, help threads) all in one place making them easy and convenient to access for both newcomers and veterans, is it not?

@Sandman-007's OTA Help Desk being stickied in the General section doesn't really make sense, being a help thread. I think it should either be moved and stickied in the Q&A section where it may get more attention since its a popular help thread, or left in the General section and unstickied, since if it is stickied in General, why that thread in particular/why not other guides (this is why we have this Sticky Roll-up here)?

The FAQ thread stickied in the Q&A section could be unstickied and moved to the General section to be linked in this Sticky Roll-up instead as it's a fairly old thread now that doesn't get much attention, as well as a bit cumbersome to read. Doing this would be achieving both it's and this Sticky Roll-up's goals.

The stickied ADB/fastboot Driver Help thread in the Q&A section, I'm not sure about. People seem to skip over it and create a new Q&A thread or they ask in the guide they're following, instead of posting in that dedicated thread.

The stickied Themes/Apps Index thread in the Apps section hasn't been updated since the middle of last year, and is likely cluttered with threads that are long forgotten. It would be too much work to update it with every single new theme/app since it was last updated, but leaving it stickied there is kinda pointless when it hasn't been updated in so long. Unless someone is willing to take over it and put in all the effort, it will probably have to be unstickied.

Apologise for any grammatical/spelling errors in this post, I am typing it on my Nexus 5 at 3am.

What do you guys think?

(also, I'll probably reorganize this thread in the next week or two to make it much easier to read and manage)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Elluel For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th March 2015, 04:58 PM |#87  
Forum Moderator
Flag Big scary planet destroying space station.
Thanks Meter: 6,800

More
All worthy suggestions! I know the OTA thread was traditionally stickied at peak ota times and unstickied "off season".

As far as a clean up of this thread, I agree.... But it's outside of my jurisdiction. Lol Perhaps run that, and all of this really, by my friend @El Daddy or another Moderator from the LG team. 😀 (El Daddy knows the N5 section well.... His 2 cents would be helpful)

Good ideas! 👍
The Following User Says Thank You to Darth For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th March 2015, 05:08 PM |#88  
Flag えうれる

More
Quote:

All worthy suggestions! I know the OTA thread was traditionally stickied at peak ota times and unstickied "off season".

As far as a clean up of this thread, I agree.... But it's outside of my jurisdiction. Lol Perhaps run that, and all of this really, by my friend @El Daddy or another Moderator from the LG team. 😀 (El Daddy knows the N5 section well.... His 2 cents would be helpful)

Good ideas! 👍

I've noticed the OTA help thread still gets decent traffic even when it isn't "in season" for OTAs, since there are always those who refuse to update early/get the OTA late/etc. It'll probably do fine as a permanent sticky in the Q&A section since it's more of a help thread, and it doesn't make sense to sticky it in the General section (it also won't have to be unstickied and restickied for "OTA seasons").

@El Daddy or another moderator; could the above mentioned suggestions be looked at and considered?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Elluel For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread