Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,962 Members 51,064 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

RMA a Brand New Device?

Tip us?

LiquidSolstice
Old
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 4,427
Default RMA a Brand New Device?

So, due to some weird display issues (that could not be worked out even after flashing factor images), I realized I needed to RMA my device for the second time.

This new device came in, and just my luck, it has the terrible vibrate motor. The loud, obnoxious, frame-rattling slow motor. I haven't even removed the default Nexus screen protector and this has happened.

I won't deal with it, so I'm going to email them and ask them what to do. I haven't even shipped back my old phone yet because I refuse to be phone-less. Has anyone in here had to return their "new" replacement device before they even sent back in the old one? How does the process work? Would they ask me to still send back the old one and then do an RMA on the "new" device?

Opinions and snobbery concerning how I should just "deal with it" or "let it go" are not welcome. I paid good money for this device, and the current one I own (display problems notwithstanding) is in perfect shape as far as mechanics and build quality go. If you're going to just come in and tell me how I'm being ridiculous, please refrain from doing so.
OnePlus One | CM11S | Franco

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCguy View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkiieh View Post
No the screen is facing up, towards god
The sensor isn't capable of sensing the proximity to god, only to other earthly objects.

GUGUITOMTG4
Old
(Last edited by GUGUITOMTG4; 2nd April 2014 at 03:52 AM.)
Thanks Meter 201
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidSolstice View Post
So, due to some weird display issues (that could not be worked out even after flashing factor images), I realized I needed to RMA my device for the second time.

This new device came in, and just my luck, it has the terrible vibrate motor. The loud, obnoxious, frame-rattling slow motor. I haven't even removed the default Nexus screen protector and this has happened.

I won't deal with it, so I'm going to email them and ask them what to do. I haven't even shipped back my old phone yet because I refuse to be phone-less. Has anyone in here had to return their "new" replacement device before they even sent back in the old one? How does the process work? Would they ask me to still send back the old one and then do an RMA on the "new" device?

Opinions and snobbery concerning how I should just "deal with it" or "let it go" are not welcome. I paid good money for this device, and the current one I own (display problems notwithstanding) is in perfect shape as far as mechanics and build quality go. If you're going to just come in and tell me how I'm being ridiculous, please refrain from doing so.
I have seen non-RMA, brand new phones arriving like if they were used or mishandled. I have bought just 5 for family and 2 of them came with scratches and finger prints on top of stock screen cover. but LCD was perfect.
You should return the oldest one and open another process for the just received one. You can use it if you want while the other arrives, but first contact Google and ask them to be 100% sure. Point out what the faults are. They will send another and you return the new faulty one.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -{()}- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The Following User Says Thank You to GUGUITOMTG4 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

LiquidSolstice
Old
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 4,427
Quote:
Originally Posted by GUGUITOMTG4 View Post
I have seen non-RMA, brand new phones arriving like if they were used or mishandled. I have bought just 5 for family and 2 of them came with scratches and finger prints on top of stock screen cover. but LCD was perfect.
You should return the oldest one and open another process for the just received one, you can use it if you want, but first contact Google and ask them to be 100% sure. Point out what the faults are. They will send another and you return the new faulty one.
So I guess I can't just interrupt the current RMA process and ship them the new one back?
OnePlus One | CM11S | Franco

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCguy View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkiieh View Post
No the screen is facing up, towards god
The sensor isn't capable of sensing the proximity to god, only to other earthly objects.

GUGUITOMTG4
Old
(Last edited by GUGUITOMTG4; 2nd April 2014 at 04:05 AM.)
Thanks Meter 201
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidSolstice View Post
So I guess I can't just interrupt the current RMA process and ship them the new one back?
If you do it like that (if possible), You will be left with a bad Display phone and still owe them that phone anyways (you printed that form with IMEI that they are waiting for or will charge $$$) because they will return another.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -{()}- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -