Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,266 Members 40,304 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

ROK Mobile for T-mobile Nexus 5 (or any tmo phone)

Tip us?

faaaaq
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Info 2 ROK Mobile for T-mobile Nexus 5 (or any tmo phone)

Posting this simply because it took me forever to find this info, and ROK support kept telling me to update PRL and Profile...not something you can access on a GSM-programmed phone (at least I can't, not even on Stock rom).

Got my phone activated yesterday after waiting a week for my SIM. Was using my FreedomTalk VoIP minutes on my Nexus to talk to support so when they said to reboot and everything should be set, i just hung up on them and rebooted. Everything worked but data. Gave it a day, still no go. Called and they said we needed to manually reprogram the phone...so I needed to call back from a different phone (not possible at the moment). I told him I couldnt and he said to shut down, turn on after 60 seconds, update PRL and Profile, and see if that works. Obviously it did not. After much Googling I found this article on ROK's own site and it resolved my issue of not having data services.

https://rokmobile.zendesk.com/hc/en-...Mobile-devices

Follow that and boom, data will start working immediately.

bstringy
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default So how is it??

How is it?? any different from the service directly through Tmobile? Are you able to compare dn/up speed side by side with another Tmobile phone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by faaaaq View Post
Posting this simply because it took me forever to find this info, and ROK support kept telling me to update PRL and Profile...not something you can access on a GSM-programmed phone (at least I can't, not even on Stock rom).

Got my phone activated yesterday after waiting a week for my SIM. Was using my FreedomTalk VoIP minutes on my Nexus to talk to support so when they said to reboot and everything should be set, i just hung up on them and rebooted. Everything worked but data. Gave it a day, still no go. Called and they said we needed to manually reprogram the phone...so I needed to call back from a different phone (not possible at the moment). I told him I couldnt and he said to shut down, turn on after 60 seconds, update PRL and Profile, and see if that works. Obviously it did not. After much Googling I found this article on ROK's own site and it resolved my issue of not having data services.

https://rokmobile.zendesk.com/hc/en-...Mobile-devices

Follow that and boom, data will start working immediately.

codesplice
Old
Thanks Meter 957
I'm having a hell of a time getting data to work on my Nexus 4. I configured my APN using the settings from ROK's site but still no dice:

Quote:
Name: ROK Mobile
APN: wholesale
Proxy: <Not set>
Port: <Not set>
Username: <Not set>
Password: <Not set>
Server: <Not set>
MMSC: http://wholesale.mmsmvno.com/mms/wapenc
MMS Proxy: <Not set>
MMS Port: <Not set>
MCC: 310
MNC: 260
APN Type: default,supl,mms,admin
You wouldn't happen to have any other tips, would you?