Micromax Yureka: Indian Handset with CyanogenMod

Thesoap opera involving Cyanogen Inc., OnePlus, and Micromax is one of the most talked about … more

Chainfire Turns Your Bootanimation into a Logging Center

Having a nice boot animation certainly adds a little bit of aesthetic polish to your … more

Android TV Launcher Pushed to Google Play

Over the past decade, the tech universe has seen two drastic and widely contrasting changes with … more

Cyngn, OnePlus, Micromax – The Legal Battle

Recently, a battle has been waging in India over the rights to distribute the commercial … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Rom Review]AOSB

OP CalebQ42

14th May 2014, 06:48 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1

33 posts
More
Plain and simple, I'd highly suggest this rom to anyone looking for a new rom. I've always love super roms (roms that mash together features of more than one rom). I've been running it for a couple days now and am loving every second of it. Many parts of this reminds me of PAC rom, but for some reason I'd pick this over PAC anyday, it just has more feeling for some reason.

The Good:

Full LED control. I was so very disappointed in stock android when I saw what the LED can REALLY do (you can pick almost any color under the sun for battery alerts or notifications that you can set up for per app basis)

AOSB in black (EXACTLY the same as PAC in black)

All CM11 features.

You select how many steps there are in the volume control

Good battery life(Can play a lot of games throughout school and it'll be at around 4% when I get home from school)

Slim Recent Apps

Split view(Even though I don't know what you'd use it for on a phone)

Full nav. bar/ring editing support.

The Bad

No Paranoid Android type control of the UI, which I was kind of hoping for, just a type of it through a preinstalled Xposed app

Outdated Xposed and Kernel tweaker, but since their modified they can't be updated from GPlay store. I ended up uninstalling them from system then reinstalled them from GPlay store, but was kind of irritating that they aren't newest versions.

Poor built in kernel. If you want kernel features at all, you'd have to find a good CAF kernel out there (I'm running Chaos Kernel v11.1)

Long hold back to kill app doesn't seem to work

No ability to have the menu button EVER show up unless you manually add it to nav bar, but then the buttons look weird since it makes all the buttons closer and it plain looks weird for it not to stick to the right or left side.

Doesn't get very dark(I also noticed this in stock, but was hoping that there was some change here, but no luck)

Google Camera's HDR+ makes the app crash (Google camera also doesn't automatically install over built in camera app)

All in all I love this rom, but it is a little rough around the edges. NOTE: I don't know if it's just me or what, but I had problems with supersu, but I'm not sure if it was the rom or me just accidentally messing up stuff
15th May 2014, 11:08 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 582

1,121 posts
This convinced me to keep the stock version No bugs at all, and all the features that it containes are working.

Sent from the Matrix
15th May 2014, 01:16 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 90

420 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie Sins

This convinced me to keep the stock version No bugs at all, and all the features that it containes are working.

Sent from the Matrix

I come from HTC and decided to get my N5 specifically to avoid bootloader locks and get loads & loads of custom ROMs, after I actually bought it, I completely forgot about that, I haven't even rooted my device yet. Stock rom is perfect.
The Following User Says Thank You to Pluto For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th May 2014, 02:15 PM   |  #4  
OP Member

33 posts
More
Well if you ever do want to keep stock, but want some features of a custom room, you can always get the gravity box module for xposed, or get multirom so you cab still have your custom rom; just a suggestion
15th May 2014, 04:27 PM   |  #5  

1,121 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pluto

I come from HTC and decided to get my N5 specifically to avoid bootloader locks and get loads & loads of custom ROMs, after I actually bought it, I completely forgot about that, I haven't even rooted my device yet. Stock rom is perfect.

Me too, after doing a whole lot of flashing etc. with my Galaxy S2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalebQ42

Well if you ever do want to keep stock, but want some features of a custom room, you can always get the gravity box module for xposed, or get multirom so you cab still have your custom rom; just a suggestion

That's what I'm planning to do. Just rooting for extra features, but keeping it stock. The benefits of custom roms are great, but I'm done with bugs and features not functioning as they should.

Sent from the Matrix
The Following User Says Thank You to Donnie Sins For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th May 2014, 03:01 AM   |  #6  
OP Member

33 posts
More
Last night I decided to switch back to stock. Realized I should have kept it all along.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium HD app
19th May 2014, 09:54 AM   |  #7  

1,121 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CalebQ42

Last night I decided to switch back to stock. Realized I should have kept it all along.

May I ask why? Just curious

Sent from the Matrix
19th May 2014, 09:57 AM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 991

3,173 posts
You may want to try mahdi ROM... Been running it for weeks without an issue . + it has loads if working features

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
19th May 2014, 01:45 PM   |  #9  
OP Member

33 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie Sins

May I ask why? Just curious

Sent from the Matrix

Not 100%sure myself, the stock ROM just has a nice feel and it was like 2 in the morning.

19th May 2014, 03:52 PM   |  #10  

6 posts
The rom sounds pretty good, I might give it a try in Multirom later.

Brought to you by the Google Nexus 5

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
aosb, review, roms
Previous Thread Next Thread