Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,769,124 Members 38,933 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Rumored new Softkeys

Tip us?

Ltdrev
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Thank you for this, I read the article and now it's time to think ahead; start trollin google support with hate mail about this possible "improvement" lol
I won't use or want this on my phone for obvious privacy no-no but many unsuspecting users will appreciate the integration of theses type of features.
If your experiment needs statistics, you ought to have done a better experiment
~Ernest Rutherford

bozzykid
Old
Thanks Meter 603
Quote:
Originally Posted by bblzd View Post
Why would they make the home button go to GNow when that is already done by holding the home button. That rumor makes no sense and won't happen.
I think there is a lot of misinterpretation and missing information. Most likely, the home button is here to stay. But the Google button will replace it when on the homescreen. It is probably being done to increase Google Now engadgement. Google is not going to kill off the homescreen. I think it was a bit irresponsible for AP to post that article when they were clearly missing a lot of info. And now it is causing widespread panic for no good reason.

OuncE718
Old
Thanks Meter 307
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayiskon View Post
Most of us who don't live in the US don't care about GNow since 1) many of it's features are not available over here 2) using voice commands (for setting timers for example) only works in English

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
You do know that Google is working on that right? Eventually GNow will support all languages but of course the US gets it first since google is an American company.

neXus 5

rayiskon
Old
Thanks Meter 1143
Quote:
Originally Posted by OuncE718 View Post
You do know that Google is working on that right? Eventually GNow will support all languages but of course the US gets it first since google is an American company.

neXus 5
Yup, i hope you're right. But sadly i also know GNow came out in July 2012, so in 2 years they made no progress in that field. (Except for adding English(UK) support).

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to rayiskon For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]