What are you running on your nexus 5?

OP Gipjoe

13th October 2014, 12:32 AM   |  #1251  
Thanks Meter: 359

1,837 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DARTHVAPOR

I'm kinda in the same situation. I've tried a decent amount of roms and I really like Dirty unicorn, but I really want to find a rom with everything that DU has to offer plus theme chooser. I tried flashing vanilla unicorn, but I keep getting stuck in a bootloop no matter what I try.

sEnT fRoM a dIrTy sLuTTy uNicOrN

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikkis2k

Caf isn't stable, sorry if that makes you wonder.

How is caf not stable? I know this is getting off topic but none of the caf roms I've used have been unstable.

---------- Post added at 07:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:30 PM ----------

Quote:

Caf isn't stable, sorry if that makes you wonder.

How is caf not stable? I know this is getting off topic but none of the caf roms I've used have been unstable.
13th October 2014, 12:32 AM   |  #1252  
Thanks Meter: 636

1,001 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingston73

why quote someone elses question and not answering it?

It's not stable enough to replace stock, when i see lots of complaints and bugs in the comments. I'd rather stick with anything else if ppl are having problems.
13th October 2014, 01:28 AM   |  #1253  
Thanks Meter: 69

623 posts
I've only tried one caf bases (pacman) and while it was cool looking and full of nice features it was significantly slower, had wake delay and black screen of death issues.

I haven't tried others but I regularly hear negative comments about speed and stability on cm.

I also never noticed ratings on the rom threads. I always use the app, maybe it doesn't show up?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app
13th October 2014, 06:33 PM   |  #1254  
Thanks Meter: 359

1,837 posts
Quote:

why quote someone elses question and not answering it?

It's not stable enough to replace stock, when i see lots of complaints and bugs in the comments. I'd rather stick with anything else if ppl are having problems.

I was using my iPad and ios8 isn't playing well with chrome and xda. If you haven't used a caf based rom I don't think you can speak negatively about it. IF you have actually used one and it didn't work out for you that's coletely different.

I just get tired of reading posts where people say negative things without actually having personal experience with whatever they're talking about.
13th October 2014, 06:43 PM   |  #1255  

1,001 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingston73

I was using my iPad and ios8 isn't playing well with chrome and xda. If you haven't used a caf based rom I don't think you can speak negatively about it. IF you have actually used one and it didn't work out for you that's coletely different.

I just get tired of reading posts where people say negative things without actually having personal experience with whatever they're talking about.

so alot of comments WICH are personall experiences from those ppl aren't good enough a reason to say caf isn't stable? bull... anyway. Caf is not something im going for when it has negative comments, thats how easy it is And stable is reboot free and near to 0 bugs. Not reboots and bugs. And both these are reported in the caf threads.

sorry if this is hard to understand, when its perfectly normal.
13th October 2014, 07:15 PM   |  #1256  
Thanks Meter: 341

1,339 posts
Quote:

so alot of comments WICH are personall experiences from those ppl aren't good enough a reason to say caf isn't stable? bull... anyway. Caf is not something im going for when it has negative comments, thats how easy it is And stable is reboot free and near to 0 bugs. Not reboots and bugs. And both these are reported in the caf threads.

sorry if this is hard to understand, when its perfectly normal.

What about the bugs stock has, caf not?
13th October 2014, 07:17 PM   |  #1257  

1,001 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccab

What about the bugs stock has, caf not?

i've had srsly 0 bugs so far on stock 4.4.4 iwth elemental x 1.10 . Atleast for my use. CM11/pa etc had a few hicups, so i stayed away.
13th October 2014, 07:23 PM   |  #1258  
Thanks Meter: 341

1,339 posts
Quote:

i've had srsly 0 bugs so far on stock 4.4.4 iwth elemental x 1.10 . Atleast for my use. CM11/pa etc had a few hicups, so i stayed away.

PA is not caf
13th October 2014, 07:27 PM   |  #1259  

1,001 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccab

PA is not caf

never said it was, did i? only mentioned 1 caf rom, but thats the only i've tested and the last im gonna test.
13th October 2014, 10:54 PM   |  #1260  
Thanks Meter: 69

623 posts
The only bug I noticed with stock is a recent app showing up if I hit back several times really fast to close out of an app. Many others complained about it but it doesn't bother me cause it doesn't affect what I'm doing, its just something I noticed. I never had a reboot or a freeze or anything like that on stock.

PAC rom started giving black screens of death very soon after I started using it. To me that's a big deal cause I can't count on it to wake up and work when I need it the most. That is the absolute worst kind of bug.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread