I tried lots of roms and kernels on my N5 and i will try to give a short review for each.
MIUI5/6 / yunOS
- if you use Titanium Backup, well you cant in this one totally. Even if you buy the pro key, it wont work.
- battery drain if you use miui kernel
- dat chinese bloatware
- clean master or some kind of third party cleaner is always running
- camera feels worse. Dont know if it really is
- dpi is small. If you try to change the dpi with textdroider dpi changer, you will break the rom
- there is no app drawer like iphone
Lucky Rom (chinese)
- chinese bloatware
- quite stable
- i like the recent apps look. Looks like iphone mulitasking
- horrible boot animation in my memory
-highly recommend 11s and 11.
-you cant use gravitybox
-a bit of battery drain but underclock it or change the kernel
-sometimes its not stable (screen flickering, slight lag)
- very stable and nice
- impressive multitasking, recent app look
- dont like how it looks when you first flash it. Dpi too small and nfc, daydream all turned on.
- stable and very clean
- battery drain now and there
- stable and smooth
- nice battery life
- no need for MCR already there
- stable like a rock
Stock 4.4.4 w/furnace kernel (current)
- obviously stable
- used furnace kernel for color control. W/ saturated settings, it looks like amoled display which i like more.
- has a setting to look more brighter w/o using more battery
Last edited by metallikoh; 23rd May 2015 at 06:05 AM.