Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,772,106 Members 40,679 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Schism ROM (Discussion)

Tip us?

mike.r.olson
Old
(Last edited by crachel; 23rd April 2014 at 12:44 PM.) Reason: remove links
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 225
Default Schism ROM (Discussion)

*remove links*

Seems very interesting. I'm gonna flash it here momentarily.

For the record, I'm in no way affiliated with the development or support for this ROM. I just happened to be told about it.

Update: It's AOSP based.
deejaymikey on IRC
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mike.r.olson For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

CRIME INC.
Old
Thanks Meter 1921
The white theming is nice for a change

sent from my Hammerhead Nexus

mike.r.olson
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 225
Yeah the white theme is absolutely gorgeous. The downfall to it at this point is that some of the text is really difficult to read. It's an alpha and this is their first public release, so it will probably be fixed down the road. I also noticed that it will not take any custom DPIs either through its native customization options or via ROM Toolbox Pro. The ROM definitely has promise though, especially for an alpha. I wonder why the white theming isn't more widely used.
deejaymikey on IRC
The Following User Says Thank You to mike.r.olson For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

FuMMoD
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2221

DONATE TO ME
Would be nice if they posted here and complied with the regulations for roms. Wouldn't want some nasty hidden code in an unknown rom. Looks great though, loving the white ui.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Ben36
Old
Thanks Meter 1597
I don't like the name...

Imagine the conversation

"I've got Schism on my phone"

"maybe you should wipe it off then"

Gross

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to Ben36 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

CitizenLee
Old
Thanks Meter 491
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike.r.olson View Post
Yeah the white theme is absolutely gorgeous. The downfall to it at this point is that some of the text is really difficult to read. It's an alpha and this is their first public release, so it will probably be fixed down the road. I also noticed that it will not take any custom DPIs either through its native customization options or via ROM Toolbox Pro. The ROM definitely has promise though, especially for an alpha. I wonder why the white theming isn't more widely used.
I was going to download it until I read your post about it not being able to use custom DPI. That's a deal breaker for me.

I've bookmarked their site though, so will keep checking as it does look very promising.
Main Device: Google Nexus 5
Other Devices: Samsung Galaxy Note 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1, Samsung Galaxy S2, Motorola Moto G
Retired: HTC Hero, HTC Wildfire S, HTC Desire HD, Samsung Galaxy Note 1
Dropbox | Flickr

crachel
Old
Senior Moderator
Thanks Meter 2542
For a ROM to be discussed here, the developers need to post a thread and provide support.

Closed

moto x: 4.4 | flo: 4.4

other: Chromecast | Chromebook | System76 | MacBook Air

former: hammerhead | m7 | mako | Kindle Fire | CR-48 | Revue | grouper | maguro | crespo | passion | GT-I9100 | vision | rhodium | kaiser

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to crachel For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe