FORUMS

Which Lockscreen Security Type Do You Use?

From pattern locks to the controversial face unlock, there are a number of different ways you … more

Xposed 3.0 Alpha 3 Released

A new alpha for the Xposed framework is out and brings several bug fixes. You’ll only need to flash … more

XDA Recap: This Week In Android (Apr 18 – 25)

Here in the digital XDA newsroom, we spend our days pouring over an average of … more

Sunday Debate: Custom ROMs vs. Modular Tweaks

Join us in a fun Sunday Debate on Mods and ROMs. Come with your opinions and feel free to … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

All sensors not working! - FIX - Nexus 5

28th January 2015, 12:58 PM |#61  
Flag Cincinnati
Thanks Meter: 69

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by copperhead035

I have an N5, rooted but otherwise totally stock on 5.0.1 that has a broken proximity sensor and light sensor. They will work for an hour or two after a reboot, then die again. I bought the phone after 5.0.1 was released, but was on 4.4.4 when I got it. The OTA wasn't showing up so I manually updated it using the Skipsoft toolbox. My mother also has an N5, not rooted on either 5.0 or 5.0.1, it also came with 4.4.4 but she was able to update via OTA. Her proximity sensor also doesn't work, not sure about her light sensor.

Should I try the fix listed here? What about my mom's phone? I'd rather not root hers if I don't need to. Has anyone else been having these problems with stock Lollipop?

Edit - of these three:
/data/system/sensors
/data/misc/sensors
/persist/sensors/sns.reg

I could only find /data/misc/sensors so I went ahead and deleted it.

That's a Lollipop bug, I have it too on AICP.

Sent from my Nexus 5 on AICP 5.0.2 Nightlies

28th January 2015, 03:48 PM |#62  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
For me this fix worked only 1 day with 5.0.1 ;c
29th January 2015, 09:05 AM |#63  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I have this sensor problem on my n5. Proximity not working, so when making call the screen wont' turn off

Tried lollipop stock rom, n5x rom, terminus rom with n5x kernel and code blue kernel, no fix

But i have found solution to it, now is pass 24 hours since i last time reboot, proximity still works well

Simple solution : always turn on automatic brightness, this works for me at least at till now 28 hours after reboot

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app
29th January 2015, 03:57 PM |#64  
Flag Cincinnati
Thanks Meter: 69

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by slipperpro

I have this sensor problem on my n5. Proximity not working, so when making call the screen wont' turn off

Tried lollipop stock rom, n5x rom, terminus rom with n5x kernel and code blue kernel, no fix

But i have found solution to it, now is pass 24 hours since i last time reboot, proximity still works well

Simple solution : always turn on automatic brightness, this works for me at least at till now 28 hours after reboot

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app

That's not a fix, that's just dumb luck lol.

Sent from my Nexus 5 on AICP 5.0.2 Nightlies
8th March 2015, 07:09 PM |#65  
Flag Redenção
Thanks Meter: 113

More
Any fix?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
accelerometer, compas, gyroscope, nexus 5 sensor fix
Previous Thread Next Thread