"SIM Card Added - please reboot" Message

Search This thread

snives

Feb 22, 2011
It has been constantly happening to me. I tried a factory reset. I initially thought it was because I opened the phone to clean speakers. But since it's not just me I'm thinking it's software now. Any ideas?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app
It's more likely hardware still. A dozen people are more likely to have dropped the device just the right way than there be an error occurring rarely or never for most people and commonly for a few. I had it happen for a bit after doing mine and have the back pop half off. I cleaned the card and port, then reopened and reseated the case making sure there was no obvious signs of damage and it hasn't happened in a few months now.

mogliD

Feb 7, 2011
Is this issue solved in Lollipop update?

My phone is having this sim reboot issue several times a day.
Thinking about side loading Lollipop in hopes it solves the problem.
Can anybody confirm?

juu666

Sep 14, 2013
My phone is having this sim reboot issue several times a day.
Thinking about side loading Lollipop in hopes it solves the problem.
Can anybody confirm?

I hope so, I haven't encountered it yet in 2 days on Lollipop.

On KK, replacing the phone and the SIM did not fix it for me. For me, it is travel-related. It nearly exclusively occurs when I fly to a new city or upon my return home, usually right after I get off the plane.

oprah winfrey

Jul 19, 2011
My girlfriend had this issue pop up on her phone about a month ago and it was showing up multiple times everyday. Took the case off (official bumper from Google) five days ago and the error stopped completely. Both of us are running Paranoid Android with the same provider. I've never used a case and never seen the error. Weird.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

dead.fish

May 28, 2013
It happens on Lollipop as well, I flashed the 5.0 official L image on a new, rooted Nexus 5 and it occurs to me on a daily basis.

Posted the complete logcat output when it happened once here: code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=66964#c303

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The nexus 5 is the biggest problematic phone I've ever had

Team Nexus 5 sucks

Enjoy your iPhone then. Bye.

Sent from the jaws of my Hammerhead!
    Thanks!

==**Team Nexus 5 sucks.**==
    -Underpowered battery for a 5inch 1080p screen that is non-removable. Weak generic antenna that drops signal. Worst speaker of any device on the market. Cheap plastic build

Bye!!!! Go play with an iPhone..... I have no issues with my nexus 5 ...battery is great ..no signal loss speakers do thier job fine....
    Better than my galaxy notes

Have a nice day!!!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    Over on the Android bug forums, a developer claimed that this was a HW issue with the Nexus, therefore not their department. So I inquired with the developer of the Transparent Clock & Weather app (droid27), who has recently patched the bug in his app, and received this reply:

The bug was caused by a change in the 4.4.2 gps listener function (at least that is what I found to be causing the problem in my case). I have had reports for this bug from different Android devices so it is definitely not a specific hardware issue but a 4.4.2 software issue. Hope this makes sense.

So if any of you are communicating with app developers, you may wish to mention this finding.
    Long OP short,

This issue is annoying, at least for those of us who're facing it.

Frequency of occurring:
    -occasionally, 1~2 days device on time ( in my case, some reported to have it more frequent )

Possible Fix:
    -Disables locations ( works for some, but not me, still getting it in about 1~2days device on time )
    -Uninstalling Google Search Update ( works for some, somewhat true in my case, but still pops up a couple more days than usual )

Here's the direct link to a Google Product Forum, with people reporting people facing this issue
    http://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/nexus/b-HQZZ_jM74[226-250-false]

Another thread on Reddit:
    http://www.reddit.com/r/Nexus5/comments/1qxj16/my_n5_randomly_acts_like_the_sim_card_was_just/
    Had this problem before , around 10 times per day , silly thing the problem was with Sim card thickness , bend the corner of the Sim card and that's all . never happened again