Simple Trick to Force the 4.4.2 OTA

Tip us?

myorks1127
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by theesotericone View Post
It's all good man. Hopefully we can still be friends in the future. Might as well turn this into something constructive before it get locked or deleted. FWIW(since you seem to like acronyms) brain farts happen to the best of us.
Yes, life is too short to get into arguments about such a petty aspect of life. I messaged Arjen to close it. I'm still in my 20's but brain farts are always possible. Acronyms rule! FTR, i'm glad some people are happy after succeeding with the "method" I farted out of my brain, I realize calling it a trick is not appropriate lol
NEXUS 5- Love it!
NEXUS 4- Sold
Samsung Galaxy S Blaze-Sold
Motorola DEFY- Sold

"An original LL3 Nexus 4 crew member"

Cirkustanz
Old
Thanks Meter 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by theesotericone View Post
It's all good man. Hopefully we can still be friends in the future. Might as well turn this into something constructive before it get locked or deleted. FWIW(since you seem to like acronyms) brain farts happen to the best of us.
I've heard that girls don't fart, do they brain-fart?

theesotericone
Old
Thanks Meter 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by myorks1127 View Post
Yes, life is too short to get into arguments about such a petty aspect of life. I messaged Arjen to close it. I'm still in my 20's but brain farts are always possible. Acronyms rule! FTR, i'm glad some people are happy after succeeding with the "method" I farted out of my brain, I realize calling it a trick is not appropriate lol
Bingo. LOL. It's all about phraseology on the interweb. IIRC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cirkustanz View Post
I've heard that girls don't fart, do they brain-fart?
Woman are far smarter than men so know. The sooner you learn that the better. Ask your buddies the same question around a campfire after some beers one night and you'll get the real answer.

laker666
Old
Thanks Meter 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by muyoso View Post
And this is how people who don't know better come here to XDA and mess up their devices because they follow bad advice that they read. Don't do this. It can have unintended consequences and according to Google has absolutely no effect on when you will receive an OTA.
I call bs...every time I have done it I've searched for update with no update available and then I clear the framework and voilà there is an update...I can say that yes it does indeed force an update

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app

bozzykid
Old
Thanks Meter 523
Quote:
Originally Posted by myorks1127 View Post
I have since received numerous push messages from multiple apps...
There is about a zero percent chance you received a Gmail notification immediately after clearing the data. I've seen it update in 10 minutes to the new GCM id and I've seen it take almost a day. So while Gmail still works, it is not reliable using your method of clearing the data.
The Following User Says Thank You to bozzykid For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dakunclear
Old
Thanks Meter 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by laker666 View Post
I call bs...every time I have done it I've searched for update with no update available and then I clear the framework and voilà there is an update...I can say that yes it does indeed force an update

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app
The problem is when you do that, your pretty much creating a new ID in google's database which can throw apps for a loop. Over long periods of doing this or multi times of using this method it will screw up your phone making you do a full factory reset. Your best bet if you want the update fast is to sideload it like many of us do
LG optimus 2X || Nexus 5
Galaxy S3 T999V || LG G2
Galaxy Note II T889V || Asus TF101
Galaxy S4 M919V || Asus TF300T
Nexus 7 (2013) || Xperia Z1
Galaxy Note 3 || Galaxy Gear 2 Neo

4 everything else theres XDA Developers

“Because every gamer is a true gamer: motion gamers, sitting gamers, everyone. And though we may pledge fanboy allegiances to different flags, deep down inside we all serve one master, one king and His name is Gaming. FOREVER MAY HE REIGN!” ~ Kevin Butler
The Following User Says Thank You to dakunclear For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Moscow Desire
Old
Senior Moderator - Resident Troll Killer
Thanks Meter 4993

DONATE TO ME
Default Thread Closed

Thread closed at request of OP (a few posts back)

To be honest, I think it's a cool trick

However, if you're not prepared to "maybe" do a little factory reset, best not to mess with things.

Thread Closed

MD
"The difference between stupidity and genius, is that genius has its limits." Albert Einstein

Read XDA Rules which can be found HERE

Though I walk among the trolls, I fear them not, for I am the Troll King
Killen dem Trolls since 2011
Acer Iconia A701***A501***ExPlay X-Tremer***HTC Desire***Desire S

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Moscow Desire For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe