Hey all

OP mysticfrog

25th February 2014, 08:20 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Fort Meyer Fla
Thanks Meter: 446

1,190 posts
More
I hope I'm in the right place for this.. I just wanted to say hello I'm Alex aka. Mysticfrog.. I've been a serious fanboy of Samsung phones until late last one being a note 3.. Great phone but just really got tired of the whole gimmick it was turning out to be. So I decided to check out the nexus 5... Big time different from the Samsung series of phones but I Love it!! It's fast sleek and just all around incredible.. This is the total Android experience I have been waiting for.. anyhow I just wanted to introduce myself so hi all... I've read a lot of threads here and y'all seem like a bunch of cool guys and girls I'm just glad I made the step.. The development here is amazing so I'm looking forward to hanging and having fun

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mysticfrog For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th February 2014, 08:48 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 514

1,535 posts
Welcome Alex! Some of us find Android nirvana later than others...just as long as we DO find it, is all that matters. Cheers!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to wideasleep1 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th February 2014, 08:52 AM   |  #3  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Heerlen
Thanks Meter: 3,287

8,924 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticfrog

I hope I'm in the right place for this.. I just wanted to say hello I'm Alex aka. Mysticfrog.. I've been a serious fanboy of Samsung phones until late last one being a note 3.. Great phone but just really got tired of the whole gimmick it was turning out to be. So I decided to check out the nexus 5... Big time different from the Samsung series of phones but I Love it!! It's fast sleek and just all around incredible.. This is the total Android experience I have been waiting for.. anyhow I just wanted to introduce myself so hi all... I've read a lot of threads here and y'all seem like a bunch of cool guys and girls I'm just glad I made the step.. The development here is amazing so I'm looking forward to hanging and having fun

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app

Yup, root and flash all you want, no KNOX on the N5
Check out the first 4 threads in the General section (this one) for all you need to know about doing stuff.
The Following User Says Thank You to gee2012 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th February 2014, 09:05 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 514

1,535 posts
Oh and hammer away on it..its built to take it. Its a hammerhead, after all...

The Following User Says Thank You to wideasleep1 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th February 2014, 09:11 AM   |  #5  
Recognized Contributor
Flag South Florida
Thanks Meter: 2,226

4,516 posts
Donate to Me
More
Always read the sticky threads at the top of general and the question forum. Full of great information and will prevent any issues when rooting. Welcome to the forums

The Following User Says Thank You to FuMMoD For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th February 2014, 09:14 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 328

1,283 posts
More
Welcome Ps have you seen the Galaxy s5

Ugly as ****

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to markdapimp For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th February 2014, 09:18 AM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 3

18 posts
Embrace the sense of freedom, it feels amazing when you're coming from a HTC or Sammy device... so, SO many roms and kernels to chose from and they all mostly work together, unlike for example HTC One X where half the kernels dont work with the other half of the roms and you gotta repack and flash the kernel through fastboot... what a chore just to switch kernel. And S-off... ffff... Anyways welcome to the world of Nexus and hope all your flashing experiences go smoothly!

and LOOOOL at the S5 comparison with the bandaid ahahahah! good one
25th February 2014, 01:35 PM   |  #8  
McHenry Il
Thanks Meter: 225

954 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by markdapimp

Welcome Ps have you seen the Galaxy s5

Ugly as ****

I might get one just because it works with the new gear fitness watch. I'll still keep my nexus but I have a heart condition so it may be handy for people like me. I like the blue one

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
25th February 2014, 02:33 PM   |  #9  
Flag wombwell uk
Thanks Meter: 171

960 posts
More
I did the same last week ditched my s3 and bought a nexus 5 and what a boost this phone is over the samsucks range...who need a phone full of junk nobody is going to use not me any more
25th February 2014, 06:08 PM   |  #10  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Heerlen
Thanks Meter: 3,287

8,924 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilostmypistons

I might get one just because it works with the new gear fitness watch. I'll still keep my nexus but I have a heart condition so it may be handy for people like me. I like the blue one

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

I use Instant Heart Rate Pro from Play, very accurate and you can store measurements on a server.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread