Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,360 Members 53,741 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Sprint Users are out of luck until Nov 8th

Tip us?

sarcoptic
Old
Thanks Meter 23
I got mine activated with no issues tonight at the sprint store. I went in and asked for the sim card for the s4 (didn't mention the nexus 5). He came back and said I need to see the phone to tie the IMEI to the sim. I whipped out the nexus 5 and assured him it would work. He proceeded to scan the IMEI and scan the SIM tieing the 2 together. He then swapped phones on my account. I was in and out in 20 minutes with a fully functional nexus 5 on the Sprint network. Based on the conversation he was led to belief the nexus 5 would need a special sim card and the s4/htc one sim card would not work. In the end we were both happy...
The Following User Says Thank You to sarcoptic For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

91SDLegend
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I will be talking to a few Sprint CSR's and see if I can find any consistency within their responses about whether or not the 32GB will be able to be activated on Sprint. I am just as concerned as you guys are since I ordered the 32GB myself and I'm set to get it delivered on Thursday.

mjs2011
Old
Thanks Meter 1677
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarcoptic View Post
I got mine activated with no issues tonight at the sprint store. I went in and asked for the sim card for the s4 (didn't mention the nexus 5). He came back and said I need to see the phone to tie the IMEI to the sim. I whipped out the nexus 5 and assured him it would work. He proceeded to scan the IMEI and scan the SIM tieing the 2 together. He then swapped phones on my account. I was in and out in 20 minutes with a fully functional nexus 5 on the Sprint network. Based on the conversation he was led to belief the nexus 5 would need a special sim card and the s4/htc one sim card would not work. In the end we were both happy...
16gb or 32gb?

RedWingsFan
Old
Thanks Meter 63
Trying a connection of mine that is a GM for Sprint Stores. Curious what he can give me as input on the 32GB issue.
The Following User Says Thank You to RedWingsFan For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

BamAlmighty
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 87
They want to play a game, okay. I don't plan on returning my 32GB if Sprint won't activate it, I'll just keep it on Tmobile and roam the piss out of my Sprint SG4 until they release me out of contract.
The Following User Says Thank You to BamAlmighty For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

umbra6
Old
Thanks Meter 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by BamAlmighty View Post
They want to play a game, okay. I don't plan on returning my 32GB if Sprint won't activate it, I'll just keep it on Tmobile and roam the piss out of my Sprint SG4 until they release me out of contract.
Lol...nice

SComp23
Old
Thanks Meter 37
https://community.sprint.com/baw/message/671485

"Thank you for taking the time to contact us.

At this time, we are only supporting the 16GB Nexus 5. The system is/will not recognize the serial number for any device outside of that. I deeply do apologize for the inconvenience this has caused. www.sprint.com/newsroon is a great place to stay on top of updates, should there be any."

Ah. Glad I paid for second day air for the phone and overnight for the SIM.

RedWingsFan
Old
Thanks Meter 63
So who dropped the ball?

Sprint not being clear at what they'd support from Google Play?

Or Google for not verifying what Sprint would sell?

But why wouldn't Sprint support the 32gb model? It isn't like the 16gb model is exclusive to them? And the extra space isn't going to take away anything from them.

ricersniper
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by BamAlmighty View Post
I second this. Having the phone in hand and so close to activation. If it's stalled just because it's 32 gig I will seriously lose it with the people I talked to today.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium HD app

mjs2011
Old
Thanks Meter 1677
Wow....

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 07:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:58 PM ----------

Guess I'm sticking with my S4 then.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk