Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Sprint Users are out of luck until Nov 8th

OP BamAlmighty

5th November 2013, 02:28 AM   |  #31  
Thanks Meter: 24

128 posts
I got mine activated with no issues tonight at the sprint store. I went in and asked for the sim card for the s4 (didn't mention the nexus 5). He came back and said I need to see the phone to tie the IMEI to the sim. I whipped out the nexus 5 and assured him it would work. He proceeded to scan the IMEI and scan the SIM tieing the 2 together. He then swapped phones on my account. I was in and out in 20 minutes with a fully functional nexus 5 on the Sprint network. Based on the conversation he was led to belief the nexus 5 would need a special sim card and the s4/htc one sim card would not work. In the end we were both happy...
The Following User Says Thank You to sarcoptic For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th November 2013, 02:29 AM   |  #32  
Thanks Meter: 0

15 posts
I will be talking to a few Sprint CSR's and see if I can find any consistency within their responses about whether or not the 32GB will be able to be activated on Sprint. I am just as concerned as you guys are since I ordered the 32GB myself and I'm set to get it delivered on Thursday.
5th November 2013, 02:30 AM   |  #33  
Thanks Meter: 1,732

4,411 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarcoptic

I got mine activated with no issues tonight at the sprint store. I went in and asked for the sim card for the s4 (didn't mention the nexus 5). He came back and said I need to see the phone to tie the IMEI to the sim. I whipped out the nexus 5 and assured him it would work. He proceeded to scan the IMEI and scan the SIM tieing the 2 together. He then swapped phones on my account. I was in and out in 20 minutes with a fully functional nexus 5 on the Sprint network. Based on the conversation he was led to belief the nexus 5 would need a special sim card and the s4/htc one sim card would not work. In the end we were both happy...

16gb or 32gb?
5th November 2013, 02:35 AM   |  #34  
Thanks Meter: 63

310 posts
Trying a connection of mine that is a GM for Sprint Stores. Curious what he can give me as input on the 32GB issue.
The Following User Says Thank You to RedWingsFan For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th November 2013, 02:36 AM   |  #35  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 88

270 posts
They want to play a game, okay. I don't plan on returning my 32GB if Sprint won't activate it, I'll just keep it on Tmobile and roam the piss out of my Sprint SG4 until they release me out of contract.
The Following User Says Thank You to BamAlmighty For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th November 2013, 02:44 AM   |  #36  
Flag Loxahatchee, FL
Thanks Meter: 56

246 posts
More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by BamAlmighty

They want to play a game, okay. I don't plan on returning my 32GB if Sprint won't activate it, I'll just keep it on Tmobile and roam the piss out of my Sprint SG4 until they release me out of contract.

Lol...nice
5th November 2013, 02:47 AM   |  #37  
Thanks Meter: 37

267 posts
https://community.sprint.com/baw/message/671485

"Thank you for taking the time to contact us.

At this time, we are only supporting the 16GB Nexus 5. The system is/will not recognize the serial number for any device outside of that. I deeply do apologize for the inconvenience this has caused. www.sprint.com/newsroon is a great place to stay on top of updates, should there be any."

Ah. Glad I paid for second day air for the phone and overnight for the SIM.
5th November 2013, 02:51 AM   |  #38  
Thanks Meter: 63

310 posts
So who dropped the ball?

Sprint not being clear at what they'd support from Google Play?

Or Google for not verifying what Sprint would sell?

But why wouldn't Sprint support the 32gb model? It isn't like the 16gb model is exclusive to them? And the extra space isn't going to take away anything from them.
5th November 2013, 02:57 AM   |  #39  
Flag Columbus OHIO
Thanks Meter: 7

130 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BamAlmighty

I second this. Having the phone in hand and so close to activation. If it's stalled just because it's 32 gig I will seriously lose it with the people I talked to today.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium HD app
5th November 2013, 02:59 AM   |  #40  
Thanks Meter: 1,732

4,411 posts
Wow....

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 07:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:58 PM ----------

Guess I'm sticking with my S4 then.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread