5,594,077 Members 46,952 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

New to Nexus 5. From HTC one. Sad story.

Tip us?

Tricky103
Old
(Last edited by Tricky103; 16th January 2014 at 06:20 AM.)
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 747

DONATE TO ME
Hi. Sorry to hear you got mugged at knife point, I Opie the police catch whoever was involved.

I sold my HTC one and purchased this device. I was totally in the same position as you, the HTC and served me well. I was using it as my work phone as I am this phone. One thing that annoyed the life out of me on the one was the curved back, it was constantly rocking when I was sending texts etc.. Minor but important . The screen looks like it has been forced in all of the characters look stretched. There is way to much of the metal case showing, it needs a bigger screen in the same size case.. But I still loved it. The music app was nice, blink feed wasn't so bad. It took me a while to grow to like the N5, right now I wouldn't trade back at all. I am running stock rooted with exposed and gravity with bricked kernel and k control. I am yet to try custom ROMs but I expect to soon.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

whozilla
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky103 View Post
Hi. Sorry to hear you got mugged at knife point, I Opie the police catch whoever was involved.

I sold my HTC one and purchased this device. I was totally in the same position as you, the HTC and served me well. I was using it as my work phone as I am this phone. One thing that annoyed the life out of me on the one was the curved back, it was constantly rocking when I was sending texts etc.. Minor but important . The screen looks like it has been forced in all of the characters look stretched. There is way to much of the metal case showing, it needs a bigger screen in the same size case.. But I still loved it. The music app was nice, blink feed wasn't so bad. It took me a while to grow to like the N5, right now I wouldn't trade back at all. I am running stock rooted with exposed and gravity with bricked kernel and k control. I am yet to try custom ROMs but I expect to soon.

I hope so too. What is this gravity thing you're talking about. So far I
rooted with cf auto
Flashed twrp recovery
Flashed volume mod
Flashed Francos latest version
Used rom tool kit for fonts.

What else should I do? This is nexus day 5 for me.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app

anndrius
Old
Thanks Meter 10
i can recommend one anti-theft app may help in the future https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ndroid.at_play it installs deep in the system and you can track, lock, wipe or do anything else with remote sms commands.
Current Phone: Nexus 5 Black 16gb - love it
Samsung Galaxy S2 - R.I.P
The Following User Says Thank You to anndrius For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

shizkoff777
Old
Thanks Meter 5506
If you need help there are a bunch of nice guys and girls here.I found a app called (nexus 5 app).it is awesome especially if you are new to the nexus world like me.hope you all the best

They made me change my signature but we all know it was the best
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shizkoff777 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]