Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

(Update) Ordering Google Nexus 5 from outside the UK, US, Germany etc

OP Gormsen

31st October 2013, 11:47 PM   |  #1  
Gormsen's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Aarhus
Thanks Meter: 303
 
603 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2011
More
So I just wrote this little guide on how to buy the Nexus 5 when living outside UK, US, Germany etc. If you don't know someone in that given country, then Google will be your friend. There are plenty services on the internet which will recieve and ship products for you.
If this does not belong here, then mods feel free to move it.

1. First you need to download the Tor client/package. Here: https://www.torproject.org/download/...d-easy.html.en
Go for the browser bundle, it makes everything much easier.
Unpack it and move it to you desktop (for convenience) - Open the client by clicking the icon "Start Tor Browser.exe"

2. Now you have to configure the client to work with exitnodes. This is done in settings. First check this:



Then click this and check all six options.



So far so good. Now exit the client, close it completely.

3. The next thing you'll have to do is finding the fingerprints you want to use. I used fingerprints from the UK, 'cause I wanted to buy the Nexus 5 on the UK Playstore.
Go to this page for fingerprints: http://torstatus.blutmagie.de/index....tryCode&SO=Asc
You can sort the different nodes as you want to. Now choose 3 from the desired country. Just for the convenience of it, lets say UK.
Click the name of the router to access it like in the pic, choose a router with long uptime, since they are more reliable.



Then copy the Fingerprint into Word, Notepad or whatever.



Do this until you have three fingerprints.

4. Go back to your Folder with the Tor client. Go into the folder "Data", then the folder "Tor". You should see a file named "torrc" Right-click this and choose "Edit" (Use Notepad or Notepad++ if you have that)

Now write:
ExitNodes {insert fingerprint 1}, {insert fingerprint 2}, {insert fingerprint 3} (remember to remove the spaces in the fingerprints)
StrictNodes 1

It should look something like this.


Now save, run your Tor client again, wait for it to say "Connected to the Tor network" or something like that, It will open the browser, and you're good to go.

5. Create a new Google account with address in you chosen country, in this case UK.

6. Open your normal browser (Chrome, Firefox etc.) and go to wallet.google.com
Input you credit card details, still with the same address as before.
(I did it this way, because I don't fully trust the Tor network..)

7. Go back into the Tor browser.
Apparently Google has beefed up their security, so we have to change this last step. Sn00ky was able to order from Germany, look below:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sn00ky

Ppl I ordered it !!. The thing is that google recognizes the Tor network and probably prevents the purchase. When I made a German acc in Tor, it was associated with the German play store. Now I entered in that account in Chrome and voila, the play store still opens without Tor browser (I am outside Germany). Just ordered as if I am in Germany, although not. Purchase was accepted, pending status.

Go to https://play.google.com/store/devices
Order Nexus 5
Profit

Hope you enjoyed my little guide, if it doesn't work, you have done something wrong. But don't worry, just delete the folder, unpack it again and start over. This is far easier than finding out what you did wrong.
Also some fingerprints don't work, like Torland1 and Torland2 from UK.

Angelvg has written a guide on how to use Openvpn, it's in Spanish though

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelvg

Hi guys,

I write how to unlock geographic location with OpenVPN.

This tutorial work in
* Android (without root)
* FreeBSD
* GNU/Linux
* Mac OS X
* Windows

Is write in Spanish, but have auto translation to English

The bad for some people (maybe) is pay 5 for the OpenVPN account with blackVPN, but if you find buy in Google Play Store and the Tor is complicate...

http://www.angelcontents.blogspot.co...2/openvpn.html

Please hit the Thanks button if you found this helpful
Last edited by Gormsen; 20th January 2014 at 09:30 PM.
The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Gormsen For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st November 2013, 01:48 AM   |  #2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 21
 
313 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2011
More
I'm from Portugal. I understood most of the guide, but, you said I'd have to put the address for UK. How do I put the address in a way that it comes to me?!

Or is this guide for people who are from the UK, US, etc. but aren't there at the moment?

EDIT: Stupid me, quoting the OP.
1st November 2013, 01:58 AM   |  #3  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 36
 
275 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2011
More
Quote:

I'm from Portugal. I understood most of the guide, but, you said I'd have to put the address for UK. How do I put the address in a way that it comes to me?!

Or is this guide for people who are from the UK, US, etc. but aren't there at the moment?

EDIT: Stupid me, quoting the OP.

Use services like borderlinx.com or others to ship first to UK and then to portugal.Borderlinx gives you a temporary UK address and then you give your home address to borderlinx.First Nexus 5 arrives at borderlinx and then it sends to you for shipping charges..

I dont know if you also need a UK credit card with UK billing address..

I am from sweden and have also place order for the 16GB Nexus 5 using borderlinx and entropay but dont know if google will accept the card...Lets hope it accepts
1st November 2013, 02:01 AM   |  #4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 21
 
313 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrewdgeek

Use services like borderlinx.com or others to ship first to UK and then to portugal.Borderlinx gives you a temporary UK address and then you give your home address to borderlinx.First Nexus 5 arrives at borderlinx and then it sends to you for shipping charges..

I dont know if you also need a UK credit card with UK billing address..

I am from sweden and have also place order for the 16GB Nexus 5 using borderlinx and entropay but dont know if google will accept the card...Lets hope it accepts

I hear services like Borderlinx sometimes tend to charge absurd taxes.

My sister has some friends over at France, but, they'll only come on Christmas, and I don't know if I want to wait that long. xP
1st November 2013, 02:03 AM   |  #5  
AppReviewBros's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 66
 
216 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2012
Hmm.. I actually have a VPN that I can use to change my IP, however, won't I need a credit card from the UK, too?
1st November 2013, 02:04 AM   |  #6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 21
 
313 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AppReviewBros

Hmm.. I actually have a VPN that I can use to change my IP, however, won't I need a credit card from the UK, too?

I think Google Play Devices only accepts IPs from one of the countries, then it needs an address and a credit card that has its address as also from that country. So IP registered in the UK (for example), Credit Card registered in the UK, and the package must be sent to the UK.
1st November 2013, 02:07 AM   |  #7  
AppReviewBros's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 66
 
216 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffrez

I think Google Play Devices only accepts IPs from one of the countries, then it needs an address and a credit card that has its address as also from that country. So IP registered in the UK (for example), Credit Card registered in the UK, and the package must be sent to the UK.

Delivering the package to UK would not be a problem as I'd use a service called forward2me, though the credit card is an issue now.
Hmmm... and people on ebay are selling for insanely high prices.

Reading the old thread at Nexus 4 forums it seems like you really need a credit card that matches the shipping address.
You know what, I may as well use personal shopper to buy it faster.
Last edited by AppReviewBros; 1st November 2013 at 02:18 AM.
1st November 2013, 02:28 AM   |  #8  
Gormsen's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Aarhus
Thanks Meter: 303
 
603 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AppReviewBros

Hmm.. I actually have a VPN that I can use to change my IP, however, won't I need a credit card from the UK, too?

Nope, I used my Visa, which is an international card, it worked just fine
You will need an English address to ship to, so use one of the suggested services.
Remember, in order to access the UK Playstore, you need to create a new Google account, when logged into Tor, on the VPN or whatever service you use.. well, at least I had to.
The Following User Says Thank You to Gormsen For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st November 2013, 02:31 AM   |  #9  
AppReviewBros's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 66
 
216 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gormsen

Nope, I used my Visa, which is an international card, it worked just fine
You will need an English address to ship to, so use one of the suggested services.
Remember, in order to access the UK Playstore, you need to create a new Google account, when logged into Tor, on the VPN or whatever service you use.. well, at least I had to.

Oh, so it actually worked for you!
I wonder why you had to create a new account though? Did you try ordering with your personal account first?
Last edited by AppReviewBros; 1st November 2013 at 02:42 AM.
1st November 2013, 02:54 AM   |  #10  
Gormsen's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Aarhus
Thanks Meter: 303
 
603 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AppReviewBros

Oh, so it actually worked for you!
I wonder why you had to create a new account though? Did you try ordering with your personal account first?

Yeah, tried that a couple of weeks ago, and even though everything else was as it should be, I simply could not access the UK Playstore. So I tried creating a new account, and Bam, it worked

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
europe, nexus 5, order, play, usa
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes