5,593,793 Members 46,558 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

UPS Lost/stole my Nexus 5

Tip us?

daudster
Old
(Last edited by daudster; 29th January 2014 at 11:31 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 13
Default UPS Lost/stole my Nexus 5

So i ordered a Nexus 5 on the 20th of January. Google promptly shipped it out. I was supposed to receive it on the 24th of January, the tracker showed Out for delivery by today (Coming out of Concord, ON). I waited all day at home, no package. I called UPS to find out whats going on, the rep informed me that the package will be delivered on Monday January 27th, I would receive an "assurance" call on January 27 from UPS to assure me that my package will be delivered that day, I did not get that assurance call. On Monday, the tracker showed the same thing Out for delivery (Coming out of Concord, ON), the entire day passes, and still no package.

If UPS had lost my package they should inform me, they have all my information on hand, but they never bothered to do so. OK, so I call UPS and explain the situation to the customer service rep, who informs that they don't know where my package is, last known location was Concord ON on January 24th and to get my shipper to open a lost package investigation with UPS.

At this point, I called Google to inform them of the situation who proceeded with opening an "investigation" with UPS to figure out where my package is. I was given 2 options from Google
(1) one is to open an investigation to figure out where my Nexus 5
(2) cancel my order and re-order with Google (which I can't do because the Nexus 5 16GB model is out of stock on their website)

http://postimg.org/image/u1w55itzv/

tl;dr : UPS lost/stole my Nexus 5. The last known location is Concord, ON. They do not know where my package is beyond that.

Melamunna
Old
Thanks Meter 22
While that does suck, Google has SUPERB customer service and you have nothing to worry about; except a slightly longer wait than you might have desired. UPS also is usually really good, so if a theft/loss did occur on their part, I'm sure they'll take care of you as well.

Oathkeeper1212
Old
Thanks Meter 15
I know how you feel. Ordered mines on the 18th and it finally came in yesterday, box was ripped up, phone gone. > stupid ups. The best of luck to you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Melamunna
Old
Thanks Meter 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oathkeeper1212 View Post
I know how you feel. Ordered mines on the 18th and it finally came in yesterday, box was ripped up, phone gone. > stupid ups. The best of luck to you!

Did you contact UPS/Google?

Oathkeeper1212
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melamunna View Post
Did you contact UPS/Google?

Yes I did. Just have to wait for them to investigate and I'll reorder.

rayiskon
Old
Thanks Meter 1004
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2512472

big gulps huh?
Old
Thanks Meter 33
I ordered my 32gb last night and got it today... (next day shipping) Sorry for your bad luck!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Current Phone: Nexus 5 32gb Black
Current Tablet: Nexus 7 (2013) 16gb Black
Current Rom: Paranoid Android 4 Beta 4

Retired phones:
Moto G <- Galaxy Note 2 (broken and sold) <- Nokia Lumia 521 <- Nexus 4 <-Amaze 4g <- Sensation 4g <- HTC One V <- Sensation 4g <- Galaxy S 4g <- HTC HD2 (Broken....again) <- Nexus S 4g <- EVO3D <- G2 <- Mytouch 3g slide <- HTC HD2 (Broken) <- HTC HD7 <- iPhone4 <- Moto Droid <- Blackberry Curve 8300 <- iPhone 3g <- Several Verizon Dumb Phones

dicecuber
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 51
Request google to not use ups next time

Sent from my Nexus 5

wideasleep1
Old
Thanks Meter 362
Quote:
Originally Posted by dicecuber View Post
Request google to not use ups next time

Sent from my Nexus 5
Been there done that on Nexus 4...no can do. The stockpile is in UPS Wotldport Louisville: http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Worldport_(UPS_air_hub)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
B/W Sidekick/Color Sidekick2/TMO MDA/TMO Dash/G1/Nexus 1/Sensation/SGS3/Nexus 4/Nexus 5

LifeInAnalog
Old
Thanks Meter 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by daudster View Post
So i ordered a Nexus 5 on the 20th of January. Google promptly shipped it out. I was supposed to receive it on the 24th of January, the tracker showed Out for delivery by today (Coming out of Concord, ON). I waited all day at home, no package. I called UPS to find out whats going on, the rep informed me that the package will be delivered on Monday January 27th, I would receive an "assurance" call on January 27 from UPS to assure me that my package will be delivered that day, I did not get that assurance call. On Monday, the tracker showed the same thing Out for delivery (Coming out of Concord, ON), the entire day passes, and still no package.

If UPS had lost my package they should inform me, they have all my information on hand, but they never bothered to do so. OK, so I call UPS and explain the situation to the customer service rep, who informs that they don't know where my package is, last known location was Concord ON on January 24th and to get my shipper to open a lost package investigation with UPS.

At this point, I called Google to inform them of the situation who proceeded with opening an "investigation" with UPS to figure out where my package is. I was given 2 options from Google
(1) one is to open an investigation to figure out where my Nexus 5
(2) cancel my order and re-order with Google (which I can't do because the Nexus 5 16GB model is out of stock on their website)

http://postimg.org/image/u1w55itzv/

tl;dr : UPS lost/stole my Nexus 5. The last known location is Concord, ON. They do not know where my package is beyond that.
... I'm in exactly, and I mean exactly the same boat. My Nexus was supposed to be delivered on the 28th. It made it to Concord Ontario no problem then sat there.
The tracking said it was on the truck and would be delivered today, the 29th. That was in the morning. It's now after 9pm and tracking still says the same... I'm worried now.

1LifeInAnalog on Twitter

THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe