Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Thread Closed

UPS Lost/stole my Nexus 5

OP daudster

30th January 2014, 12:29 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 13
 
70 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
So i ordered a Nexus 5 on the 20th of January. Google promptly shipped it out. I was supposed to receive it on the 24th of January, the tracker showed Out for delivery by today (Coming out of Concord, ON). I waited all day at home, no package. I called UPS to find out whats going on, the rep informed me that the package will be delivered on Monday January 27th, I would receive an "assurance" call on January 27 from UPS to assure me that my package will be delivered that day, I did not get that assurance call. On Monday, the tracker showed the same thing Out for delivery (Coming out of Concord, ON), the entire day passes, and still no package.

If UPS had lost my package they should inform me, they have all my information on hand, but they never bothered to do so. OK, so I call UPS and explain the situation to the customer service rep, who informs that they don't know where my package is, last known location was Concord ON on January 24th and to get my shipper to open a lost package investigation with UPS.

At this point, I called Google to inform them of the situation who proceeded with opening an "investigation" with UPS to figure out where my package is. I was given 2 options from Google
(1) one is to open an investigation to figure out where my Nexus 5
(2) cancel my order and re-order with Google (which I can't do because the Nexus 5 16GB model is out of stock on their website)

http://postimg.org/image/u1w55itzv/

tl;dr : UPS lost/stole my Nexus 5. The last known location is Concord, ON. They do not know where my package is beyond that.
Last edited by daudster; 30th January 2014 at 12:31 AM.
30th January 2014, 12:37 AM   |  #2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 33
 
143 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2012
While that does suck, Google has SUPERB customer service and you have nothing to worry about; except a slightly longer wait than you might have desired. UPS also is usually really good, so if a theft/loss did occur on their part, I'm sure they'll take care of you as well.
30th January 2014, 12:38 AM   |  #3  
Oathkeeper1212's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Hilo, Hawaii, United States
Thanks Meter: 15
 
158 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2011
More
I know how you feel. Ordered mines on the 18th and it finally came in yesterday, box was ripped up, phone gone. > stupid ups. The best of luck to you!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
30th January 2014, 12:45 AM   |  #4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 33
 
143 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oathkeeper1212

I know how you feel. Ordered mines on the 18th and it finally came in yesterday, box was ripped up, phone gone. > stupid ups. The best of luck to you!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did you contact UPS/Google?
30th January 2014, 12:48 AM   |  #5  
Oathkeeper1212's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Hilo, Hawaii, United States
Thanks Meter: 15
 
158 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melamunna

Did you contact UPS/Google?


Yes I did. Just have to wait for them to investigate and I'll reorder.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
30th January 2014, 12:52 AM   |  #6  
rayiskon's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,251
 
2,019 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2512472
30th January 2014, 01:14 AM   |  #7  
Senior Member
Flag Colorado Springs
Thanks Meter: 38
 
227 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2011
More
I ordered my 32gb last night and got it today... (next day shipping) Sorry for your bad luck!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
30th January 2014, 01:20 AM   |  #8  
dicecuber's Avatar
Senior Member
Vancouver
Thanks Meter: 73
 
739 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2013
More
Request google to not use ups next time

Sent from my Nexus 5
30th January 2014, 02:38 AM   |  #9  
wideasleep1's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 514
 
1,535 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by dicecuber

Request google to not use ups next time

Sent from my Nexus 5

Been there done that on Nexus 4...no can do. The stockpile is in UPS Wotldport Louisville: http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Worldport_(UPS_air_hub)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
30th January 2014, 03:17 AM   |  #10  
LifeInAnalog's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Georgetown
Thanks Meter: 356
 
267 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by daudster

So i ordered a Nexus 5 on the 20th of January. Google promptly shipped it out. I was supposed to receive it on the 24th of January, the tracker showed Out for delivery by today (Coming out of Concord, ON). I waited all day at home, no package. I called UPS to find out whats going on, the rep informed me that the package will be delivered on Monday January 27th, I would receive an "assurance" call on January 27 from UPS to assure me that my package will be delivered that day, I did not get that assurance call. On Monday, the tracker showed the same thing Out for delivery (Coming out of Concord, ON), the entire day passes, and still no package.

If UPS had lost my package they should inform me, they have all my information on hand, but they never bothered to do so. OK, so I call UPS and explain the situation to the customer service rep, who informs that they don't know where my package is, last known location was Concord ON on January 24th and to get my shipper to open a lost package investigation with UPS.

At this point, I called Google to inform them of the situation who proceeded with opening an "investigation" with UPS to figure out where my package is. I was given 2 options from Google
(1) one is to open an investigation to figure out where my Nexus 5
(2) cancel my order and re-order with Google (which I can't do because the Nexus 5 16GB model is out of stock on their website)

http://postimg.org/image/u1w55itzv/

tl;dr : UPS lost/stole my Nexus 5. The last known location is Concord, ON. They do not know where my package is beyond that.

... I'm in exactly, and I mean exactly the same boat. My Nexus was supposed to be delivered on the 28th. It made it to Concord Ontario no problem then sat there.
The tracking said it was on the truck and would be delivered today, the 29th. That was in the morning. It's now after 9pm and tracking still says the same... I'm worried now.


1LifeInAnalog on Twitter

Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes