Thread Closed

UPS Lost/stole my Nexus 5

OP daudster

29th January 2014, 11:29 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 13

65 posts
So i ordered a Nexus 5 on the 20th of January. Google promptly shipped it out. I was supposed to receive it on the 24th of January, the tracker showed Out for delivery by today (Coming out of Concord, ON). I waited all day at home, no package. I called UPS to find out whats going on, the rep informed me that the package will be delivered on Monday January 27th, I would receive an "assurance" call on January 27 from UPS to assure me that my package will be delivered that day, I did not get that assurance call. On Monday, the tracker showed the same thing Out for delivery (Coming out of Concord, ON), the entire day passes, and still no package.

If UPS had lost my package they should inform me, they have all my information on hand, but they never bothered to do so. OK, so I call UPS and explain the situation to the customer service rep, who informs that they don't know where my package is, last known location was Concord ON on January 24th and to get my shipper to open a lost package investigation with UPS.

At this point, I called Google to inform them of the situation who proceeded with opening an "investigation" with UPS to figure out where my package is. I was given 2 options from Google
(1) one is to open an investigation to figure out where my Nexus 5
(2) cancel my order and re-order with Google (which I can't do because the Nexus 5 16GB model is out of stock on their website)

http://postimg.org/image/u1w55itzv/

tl;dr : UPS lost/stole my Nexus 5. The last known location is Concord, ON. They do not know where my package is beyond that.
Last edited by daudster; 29th January 2014 at 11:31 PM.
29th January 2014, 11:37 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 33

140 posts
While that does suck, Google has SUPERB customer service and you have nothing to worry about; except a slightly longer wait than you might have desired. UPS also is usually really good, so if a theft/loss did occur on their part, I'm sure they'll take care of you as well.
29th January 2014, 11:38 PM   |  #3  
Flag Hilo, Hawaii, United States
Thanks Meter: 15

158 posts
More
I know how you feel. Ordered mines on the 18th and it finally came in yesterday, box was ripped up, phone gone. > stupid ups. The best of luck to you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
29th January 2014, 11:45 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 33

140 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oathkeeper1212

I know how you feel. Ordered mines on the 18th and it finally came in yesterday, box was ripped up, phone gone. > stupid ups. The best of luck to you!

Did you contact UPS/Google?
29th January 2014, 11:48 PM   |  #5  
Flag Hilo, Hawaii, United States
Thanks Meter: 15

158 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melamunna

Did you contact UPS/Google?

Yes I did. Just have to wait for them to investigate and I'll reorder.

29th January 2014, 11:52 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 1,192

1,939 posts
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2512472
30th January 2014, 12:14 AM   |  #7  
Flag Colorado Springs
Thanks Meter: 34

207 posts
More
I ordered my 32gb last night and got it today... (next day shipping) Sorry for your bad luck!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
30th January 2014, 12:20 AM   |  #8  
Vancouver
Thanks Meter: 62

602 posts
More
Request google to not use ups next time

Sent from my Nexus 5
30th January 2014, 01:38 AM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 435

1,427 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dicecuber

Request google to not use ups next time

Sent from my Nexus 5

Been there done that on Nexus 4...no can do. The stockpile is in UPS Wotldport Louisville: http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Worldport_(UPS_air_hub)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
30th January 2014, 02:17 AM   |  #10  
Flag Georgetown
Thanks Meter: 356

266 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by daudster

So i ordered a Nexus 5 on the 20th of January. Google promptly shipped it out. I was supposed to receive it on the 24th of January, the tracker showed Out for delivery by today (Coming out of Concord, ON). I waited all day at home, no package. I called UPS to find out whats going on, the rep informed me that the package will be delivered on Monday January 27th, I would receive an "assurance" call on January 27 from UPS to assure me that my package will be delivered that day, I did not get that assurance call. On Monday, the tracker showed the same thing Out for delivery (Coming out of Concord, ON), the entire day passes, and still no package.

If UPS had lost my package they should inform me, they have all my information on hand, but they never bothered to do so. OK, so I call UPS and explain the situation to the customer service rep, who informs that they don't know where my package is, last known location was Concord ON on January 24th and to get my shipper to open a lost package investigation with UPS.

At this point, I called Google to inform them of the situation who proceeded with opening an "investigation" with UPS to figure out where my package is. I was given 2 options from Google
(1) one is to open an investigation to figure out where my Nexus 5
(2) cancel my order and re-order with Google (which I can't do because the Nexus 5 16GB model is out of stock on their website)

http://postimg.org/image/u1w55itzv/

tl;dr : UPS lost/stole my Nexus 5. The last known location is Concord, ON. They do not know where my package is beyond that.

... I'm in exactly, and I mean exactly the same boat. My Nexus was supposed to be delivered on the 28th. It made it to Concord Ontario no problem then sat there.
The tracking said it was on the truck and would be delivered today, the 29th. That was in the morning. It's now after 9pm and tracking still says the same... I'm worried now.

1LifeInAnalog on Twitter

Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread