voLTE on Nexus 5

19th June 2014, 03:34 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 21

66 posts
So last night T-Mobile has announced it's rollout of voLTE, a feature which let's a subscriber use LTE for voice calls.

After doing some research, I learned that voLTE works on the principles of SIP and that currently only 3 phones support it.

Will Google/Qualcomm work on a patch or update to give Nexus 5 this ability?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
19th June 2014, 07:51 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 276

496 posts
Donate to Me
More
I really wish I had T-Mobile in my area They're actually pushing for new, cool features. It seems like all other big companies are doing what they can to stagnate the market because they already have the major market shares. I just want to support you, T-Mo! Why don't you want my money!?

All that said, I have Aio (Cricket now) and I've been more than pleased with them. Just want the option of T-Mo and give em a whirl...

I have no idea on the answer to your question though. Enjoy a free bump instead!
19th June 2014, 08:05 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 1,082

2,852 posts
More
the answer is more than likely no.
19th June 2014, 08:42 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 41

164 posts
I love t mobile. Unlimited 4g lte gives me between 20-50mbps everywhere I go. Best part, I'm never throttled. I don't even bother going on wifi anymore as my data connection is always faster. I doubt this will be added to the nexus 5 though unfortunately.
19th June 2014, 08:48 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 35

378 posts
More
T-mobile has had voLTE in limited market(s) for a few months now. The 'subscription' comment sounds like a no go for prepaid plans.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread