Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,098 Members 46,385 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

voLTE on Nexus 5

Tip us?

Jeeeenx
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 21
Default voLTE on Nexus 5

So last night T-Mobile has announced it's rollout of voLTE, a feature which let's a subscriber use LTE for voice calls.

After doing some research, I learned that voLTE works on the principles of SIP and that currently only 3 phones support it.

Will Google/Qualcomm work on a patch or update to give Nexus 5 this ability?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Johmama
Old
Thanks Meter 274

DONATE TO ME
I really wish I had T-Mobile in my area They're actually pushing for new, cool features. It seems like all other big companies are doing what they can to stagnate the market because they already have the major market shares. I just want to support you, T-Mo! Why don't you want my money!?

All that said, I have Aio (Cricket now) and I've been more than pleased with them. Just want the option of T-Mo and give em a whirl...

I have no idea on the answer to your question though. Enjoy a free bump instead!

Zepius
Old
Thanks Meter 1071
the answer is more than likely no.
Go back to stock on your nexus 5 using this guide: here

Tired of paying too much money for your phone plan? go prepaid!

Save money on refills for your prepaid plans: Use Callingmart

-Zep

tpcrackpipe
Old
Thanks Meter 41
I love t mobile. Unlimited 4g lte gives me between 20-50mbps everywhere I go. Best part, I'm never throttled. I don't even bother going on wifi anymore as my data connection is always faster. I doubt this will be added to the nexus 5 though unfortunately.

TiltedAz
Old
Thanks Meter 30
T-mobile has had voLTE in limited market(s) for a few months now. The 'subscription' comment sounds like a no go for prepaid plans.