XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Wtf is google playing at 4.4.2 Problems

Tip us?

Ady1976
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default Wtf is google playing at 4.4.2 Problems

Just posted this in google forums as well...
Just got the update on my nexus 5...

Ok while it has fixed a few things like camera speed,vibration feedback etc there arw some things that have gone worse...

The camcorder is now extremely dark compared to the camera almost hardly visible when selecting video to record! And in quiet environments all i'm getting from sound recorded is hissing and static, please tell the devs to disable noise cancellation it's making a right mess of recorded audio!

One other thing i've noticed is 2 problems with the gallery app, first off there seems to be some sort of initial stutter when flicking through photos or scrolling that did not exist before on 4.4 and also theres an annoying delaying of a split second when tapping a photo to view full screen which didn't exist on 4.4 almost like the phone is struggling a bit when it shouldn't with the power of hardware that is in the phone, these did not exist in 4.4.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ady1976 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Barracuda77777
Old
Thanks Meter 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ady1976 View Post
Just posted this in google forums as well...
Just got the update on my nexus 5...

Ok while it has fixed a few things like camera speed,vibration feedback etc there arw some things that have gone worse...

The camcorder is now extremely dark compared to the camera almost hardly visible when selecting video to record! And in quiet environments all i'm getting from sound recorded is hissing and static, please tell the devs to disable noise cancellation it's making a right mess of recorded audio!

One other thing i've noticed is 2 problems with the gallery app, first off there seems to be some sort of initial stutter when flicking through photos or scrolling that did not exist before on 4.4 and also theres an annoying delaying of a split second when tapping a photo to view full screen which didn't exist on 4.4 almost like the phone is struggling a bit when it shouldn't with the power of hardware that is in the phone, these did not exist in 4.4.
I should have read your post before upgrading too, you are right lots of noise with video capturing it is a joke how they are rushing out updates half cooked!
My current Devices:
Nexus 4 | 4.4.2 Omni
Nexus 5 | 4.4.2 Omni
Nexus 7 | 4.4.2 SlimKat with All-F2FS
LG G Pad 8.3

RusherDude
Old
Thanks Meter 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barracuda77777 View Post
I should have read your post before upgrading too, you are right lots of noise with video capturing it is a joke how they are rushing out updates half cooked!
Agree, I find now more bugs on 4.4.2 than on stock 4.4.. what the hell. Gallery app is a disgrace now.
Devices:

skyyrocket
Old
Thanks Meter 311

DONATE TO ME
Google is becoming Apple with Rushing updates out and not fixing the problems.
Black Galaxy Note 3 T-mobile 'My Baby'
Black HTC ONE 'Dust Collector'
Black Galaxy s4 'Traded'
Silver HTC ONE 'Traded'
White Galaxy s4 'Traded'
Blue Galaxy s3 'Sold'
Galaxy note 2 'Sold'
Iphone 5 'Sold'

Synyster06Gates
Old
Thanks Meter 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by RusherDude View Post
Agree, I find now more bugs on 4.4.2 than on stock 4.4.. what the hell. Gallery app is a disgrace now.
Don't worry - 4.4.3 will be out in a couple days
Nexus 5 - AICP
T-Mobile GS3 T999L - Dandroid - GONE
ATT GS3 i-747 - Intergalactic 3.0 - GONE
HTC Inspire 4G - many different ROMs - GONE
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Synyster06Gates For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Lownita
Old
Thanks Meter 204

Tapatalked from my Nexus 5
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Lownita For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

SilverEagle
Old
Thanks Meter 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lownita View Post

LOL
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SilverEagle For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ObsoleteSoldier
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lownita View Post

LOL... way too funny!

Thanks, I needed that.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to ObsoleteSoldier For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

crachel
Old
Senior Moderator
Thanks Meter 2424
Several of these points are already raised in the existing thread

Nexus 5 4.4.2 initial reaction.

Closed

moto x: 4.4 | flo: 4.4

other: Chromecast | Chromebook | System76 | MacBook Air

former: hammerhead | m7 | mako | Kindle Fire | CR-48 | Revue | grouper | maguro | crespo | passion | GT-I9100 | vision | rhodium | kaiser

THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe