Sprint Nexus 5 APN, 3G, LTE, SMS, MMS, all jacked up

Search This thread

NexusGazer

Nov 15, 2014
I have a Nexus 5, rooted, unlocked. A couple of months ago, I started having data issues on CyanogenMod 12.1. Could not change APNs, couldn't really do ANYTHING about it. Tried modifying telephony.db files to no avail. Tried deleting them and letting new ones generate (they generated but it didn't help). Tried copying the telephony files from a working nexus 5 over and it worked for 5 minutes.

Eventually I flashed CleanCore and CleanCore 's radio. That worked BEAUTIFULLY and I had no Data issues for a long time. Well the other day, I went back to stock, upgraded to the most recent Nexus 5 Build and now no matter what I do, I can't get it to work. Tried reflashing CleanCore (nada) CyanogenMod 12.1 (nada) CyangenMod 11 (Nada) Factory Reset before AND after flashes (nada) I am barred access to APN settings on ALL roms I flashed and NO changes I make stick.

I have a Nexus 5 that is no good to me unless I have Wifi. and Even then, what good is that?

Please help.

Edit: Im thinking the problem lies soley in the APN settings being broken. Does somebody have a current flashable Sprint APN file? Im desperate people. I dont have a phone right now. And Sprint told me they were stumped (nice right?)

Last edited:

R800x_user

Oct 20, 2013
Nexus 7
Nexus 7 (2013)
http://xdaforums.com/google-nexus-5/general/fix-sprint-data-to-custom-roms-t2541924
this is the one i've been using for a while on my n5 hope this helps

---------- Post added 22nd August 2015 at 12:02 AM ---------- Previous post was 21st August 2015 at 11:12 PM ----------

if that doesnt work download the stock image from google and manually flash those and then if that still doesnt work flash that zip after a reinstall of twrp hopefully that should work @NexusGazer

Reactions: NexusGazer

NexusGazer

Nov 15, 2014
What ROM are you running that with? I tried flashing it with the latest cm 12.1 nightly and no dice. It flashed successfully, but I didn't have data, and the standard and non standard troubleshooting methods didn't change anything.

Then attempting to access apns went and wiped em all away again. And ideas @R800x_user

Last edited:

NexusGazer

Nov 15, 2014
I got it working finally, and Now Im running CM 11. It says in the other thread that support for the zip stops around 5.04 or some stuff. But you say it was working with the Marshmallow preview.... Hmmm. Decisions decisions.

Top Liked Posts