Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,619 Members 46,737 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

2 Nexi 1 Backup

Tip us?

w1ll1m
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 15
Default 2 Nexi 1 Backup

I made a backup using twrp on Nexus Black and copied it to the other nexus white, but when I run twrp on Nexus white and go to restore it doesn't show up. Any help?

simms22
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 20642
did you put it in the right folder?

---------- Post added at 04:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:04 PM ----------

what i would do is run a backup on twrp, delete the backup it makes, and replace the file with the copied backup.
Google+ Profile
Twitter Simms22
DerKernel For Trinity kernels and more!
The Following User Says Thank You to simms22 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Aerowinder
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1191
Quote:
Originally Posted by simms22 View Post

---------- Post added at 04:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:04 PM ----------

what i would do is run a backup on twrp, delete the backup it makes, and replace the file with the copied backup.
+1

TWRP puts backups in a folder corresponding to your device's serial number. Two devices, two serial numbers. Two different backup folders under /TWRP.

Google Firmware: Google
USB Drivers: Google | Mirror
ADB+ADB Drivers: 19.0.2 (4.4.4) + Koush Universal ADB Drivers

TWRP Official: hammerhead | flo
TWRP Holofied: hammerhead | flo

Gapps: BaNkS

Superuser: Chainfire | Mirror

Beauenheim
Old
Thanks Meter 81

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by w1ll1m View Post
I made a backup using twrp on Nexus Black and copied it to the other nexus white, but when I run twrp on Nexus white and go to restore it doesn't show up. Any help?
This is the prevent damage.

Like flashing a backup with the EFS also checked will ruin your device rendering it wifi only.

w1ll1m
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by simms22 View Post

Thanks, I did this and it worked perfectly. Man I wasted too many hours trying to sort out all the nexus drivers and windows 8 when I could have just done this

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerowinder View Post
+1

TWRP puts backups in a folder corresponding to your device's serial number. Two devices, two serial numbers. Two different backup folders under /TWRP.
Thanks, that makes sense!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beauenheim View Post
This is the prevent damage.

Like flashing a backup with the EFS also checked will ruin your device rendering it wifi only.
Backed up everything but the EFS folder....restored everything.