Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,670 Members 44,643 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] 2G not working 3G/4G working

Tip us?

kridan
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question [Q] 2G not working 3G/4G working

Bougt a Nexus 5 32GB D821 in December in England on holiday. When i came back to Norway the 3g/4g network worked fine but I dont get any signal when i switch to 2G.

I live on the coast so sometimes I lose 3G signals and then I have no signals at all.
I have testet the sim card on my old S3 and there it works fine. Since i bought it in England I have no warrenty and no one will fix my phone.
Is it an hardware problem or software problem?

lukesan
Old
Thanks Meter 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by kridan View Post
Bougt a Nexus 5 32GB D821 in December in England on holiday. When i came back to Norway the 3g/4g network worked fine but I dont get any signal when i switch to 2G.

I live on the coast so sometimes I lose 3G signals and then I have no signals at all.
I have testet the sim card on my old S3 and there it works fine. Since i bought it in England I have no warrenty and no one will fix my phone.
Is it an hardware problem or software problem?
I have my N5 2 days now and I experienced simular issues.
The 4G symbol would come up but when that leaves, probably due to almost no signal, no 3G, edge etc.
I solved mine by switching it to setting - more - mobile networks - preferred network type ---> 3G ... so far so good.

I also had issues with my wifi on my Asus RT-N66U unit. It would be connected but no wifi at all. reconnect and it would work for a couple of minutes too.
I reflashed the firmware of a couple of months ago and no more issues.

Please let us know if it works for you too so we can help others!

kridan
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by lukesan View Post
I have my N5 2 days now and I experienced simular issues.
The 4G symbol would come up but when that leaves, probably due to almost no signal, no 3G, edge etc.
I solved mine by switching it to setting - more - mobile networks - preferred network type ---> 3G ... so far so good.

I also had issues with my wifi on my Asus RT-N66U unit. It would be connected but no wifi at all. reconnect and it would work for a couple of minutes too.
I reflashed the firmware of a couple of months ago and no more issues.

Please let us know if it works for you too so we can help others!
I have testet with prefered 3G and also only 2G. When I choose 2G only I got no network at all. Some people think it is a motherboard problem.