Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,156 Members 40,119 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] 32 GB vs 16 GB

Tip us?

Beauenheim
Old
Thanks Meter 81

DONATE TO ME
I have a 16gb device. I had 32gb galaxy nexus but i hardly used more than 8gb. Considering I stream all my music/videos and don't play a lot of games. I have plenty of space.

I generally have around 8gb free.

calembic
Old
(Last edited by calembic; 14th June 2014 at 09:36 AM.)
Thanks Meter 8
As most people have stated it really depends on your own circumstances I have the 32gb I don't stream music i store it and videos and pictures plus I have a nandroid backup, for the price difference its worth having it. I still wonder how it costs on some phones an extra 100 for 32gb storage its a rip off.

Lethargy
Old
Thanks Meter 777
Quote:
Originally Posted by calembic View Post
As most people have stated it really depends on your own circumstances I have the 32gb I don't stream music i store it and videos and pictures plus I have a nandroid backup, for the price difference its worth having it. I still wonder how it costs on some phones an extra 100 for 32gb storage its a rip off.
It costs OEMs almost nothing for a bit more storage, they just charge you more for profit.

StillNotAsBadAsApple

Extra overpriced in Australia even though AUD is almost catching up to USD:

For the 64GB version you could build an entire gaming PC instead.. lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyphur
You ask us to understand your position. Well if you want to benefit from our experience and time then I think it is only fair that you understand our position.

calembic
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lethargy View Post
It costs OEMs almost nothing for a bit more storage, they just charge you more for profit.

StillNotAsBadAsApple

Extra overpriced in Australia even though AUD is almost catching up to USD:

For the 64GB version you could build an entire gaming PC instead.. lol
Tell me about it I just bought this nexus 5 coming from a long life of I phones my last being the 5s I can't justify the price anymore and it's suppose climb higher with the iPhone 6. On the plus side since I made the switch I don't think I could go back anyway this nexus is cool.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to calembic For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]