XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

4.4.1/4.4.2 Update Causing Wi-Fi/bam_dmux_wakelock issues

Tip us?

JoshMiers
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 83
Default 4.4.1/4.4.2 Update Causing Wi-Fi/bam_dmux_wakelock issues

Previously, on regular 4.4, I was able to keep Wi-Fi on and have it set to always keep Wi-Fi on during sleep. My phone got great battery life and usually slept just fine when the screen was off.

Since updating to 4.4.1 and now 4.4.2, both my phone and my wife's phone will not sleep if Wi-Fi is connected. I am getting a large percentage of bam_dmux_wakelock in conjunction with a hot phone.

(Both of these threads weren't any help http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2523162 and http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1811365 in this situation).

Because my wife's phone is having the issue and she never installs apps, I can rule out any new app causing the problem.

I looked into the logcat and it appears that, with Wi-Fi on and connected, the phone will constantly switch between Wi-Fi and a mobile connection.

Here are some relevant logcat snippets:
Code:
D/ConnectivityService(  770): ConnectivityChange for WIFI: CONNECTED/CONNECTED
D/ConnectivityService(  770): Policy requires mobile teardown
E/ConnectivityService(  770): Unexpected mtu value: android.net.wifi.WifiStateTracker@42dcd010
D/MobileDataStateTracker(  770): default: Broadcast received: android.intent.action.ANY_DATA_STATE apnType=default
D/MobileDataStateTracker(  770): default: Received state=DISCONNECTED, old=CONNECTED, reason=dataDisabled
D/MobileDataStateTracker(  770): default: setDetailed state, old =CONNECTED and new state=DISCONNECTED
D/ConnectivityService(  770): ConnectivityChange for mobile: DISCONNECTED/DISCONNECTED
D/ConnectivityService(  770): Attempting to switch to WIFI
D/ConnectivityService(  770): Attempting to switch to BLUETOOTH_TETHER
Along with:
Code:
D/ConnectivityService(  770): ConnectivityChange for WIFI: DISCONNECTED/DISCONNECTED
D/ConnectivityService(  770): tryFailover: set mActiveDefaultNetwork=-1, prevNetType=1
D/ConnectivityService(  770): Attempting to switch to mobile
D/ConnectivityService(  770): Attempting to switch to BLUETOOTH_TETHER
D/MobileDataStateTracker(  770): default: Broadcast received: android.intent.action.ANY_DATA_STATE apnType=default
D/MobileDataStateTracker(  770): default: Received state=CONNECTING, old=DISCONNECTED, reason=dataEnabled
For the time being I cannot have Wi-Fi on or else my phone will get hot and drain the battery in a couple of hours.

Is anyone else experience this? This only started happening with the 4.4.1 and now 4.4.2 updates.

JoshMiers
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 83
Looks like somehow my router started sending incorrect MTU values. I changed it from "auto" to 1500 and now everything is as it was before.

The following logcat tipped me off:
Code:
E/ConnectivityService(  770): Unexpected mtu value: android.net.wifi.WifiStateTracker@42dcd010
ConnectivityService.java has the message defined here:
Code:
       if (mtu < 68 || mtu > 10000) {
           loge("Unexpected mtu value: " + nt);
           return;
       }
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JoshMiers For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

BinkXDA
Old
Thanks Meter 76
No issue here!