When will I get 4.4.1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Lord Cohliani

Apr 7, 2013
The camera improvements sounds nice but.. It's been a few days and my Nexus 5 still hasn't updated yet. Is this just me or what?

GabbyWC

Dec 8, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Redmi Note 9 Pro
The camera improvements sounds nice but.. It's been a few days and my Nexus 5 still hasn't updated yet. Is this just me or what?

No, it's not just you. If you're tired of waiting, you can easily sideload the update. If that's something you need help with, there are other threads on this forum that discuss it in more detail. You can also do a Google search for "How to sideload Kitkat 4.4.1 on the Nexus 5" and you'll see detailed, step-by-step instructions in the first link that comes up in the results. It worked for me on my first try and it's a lot quicker than waiting for the OTA update to arrive.

Last edited:

Super_Panda_

Nov 9, 2013
Hesperia
Why don't you just side load it? There are tutorials here that will help you out. The OTA is already available for download as a zip file. you just need to have adb up and running and you're good to go.

Lord Cohliani

Apr 7, 2013
Eh I'm lazy. How hard is it to get a custom recovery on the Nexus 5? I haven't looked into it but my previous HTC phone was a terror.

ApriliaM3

Retired Senior Moderator
Feb 5, 2012
Bangkok
Please read the existing threads, especially the stuck threads at the top of the forums... There's no need to create a new thread for this.

Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.