XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

When will I get 4.4.1?

Tip us?

Lord Cohliani
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy When will I get 4.4.1?

The camera improvements sounds nice but.. It's been a few days and my Nexus 5 still hasn't updated yet. Is this just me or what?

GabbyWC
Old
(Last edited by GabbyWC; 9th December 2013 at 05:15 AM.) Reason: Typo Correction
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Cohliani View Post
The camera improvements sounds nice but.. It's been a few days and my Nexus 5 still hasn't updated yet. Is this just me or what?
No, it's not just you. If you're tired of waiting, you can easily sideload the update. If that's something you need help with, there are other threads on this forum that discuss it in more detail. You can also do a Google search for "How to sideload Kitkat 4.4.1 on the Nexus 5" and you'll see detailed, step-by-step instructions in the first link that comes up in the results. It worked for me on my first try and it's a lot quicker than waiting for the OTA update to arrive.

Super_Panda_
Old
Thanks Meter 2

DONATE TO ME
Why don't you just side load it? There are tutorials here that will help you out. The OTA is already available for download as a zip file. you just need to have adb up and running and you're good to go.
  • Google Nexus 7 - Stock - WiFi
  • Google Nexus 5 - Stock - Sprint
  • Samsung Galaxy S3 - CM 10.2 - Sprint
  • ASUS Transformer Prime - AndroWook Prime Hairy Bean v2.2 - WiFi
  • HTC EVO 4G - CM 9 - Sprint
  • HTC Hero - CM 7.2 - Sprint
  • Samsung Rant - Sprint
  • Motorola Razr - T-Mobile

Lord Cohliani
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Eh I'm lazy. How hard is it to get a custom recovery on the Nexus 5? I haven't looked into it but my previous HTC phone was a terror.

ApriliaM3
Old
Senior Moderator
Thanks Meter 12746
Please read the existing threads, especially the stuck threads at the top of the forums... There's no need to create a new thread for this.

Thread closed.

THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe