Android App Review: Manage Your Connections Automagically – XDA TV

Material Design is all the buzz in the Android world right now. … more

Official TWRP Recovery Lands on Micromax Canvas Magnus

With the recent release of Android One, Micromax and MediaTek released fully buildable … more

Update Overload: SuperSU Heavily Updated

There are apps and apps out there. Very few can reach the level of popularity required to stay at … more

Lollipop Leak Available for the Sprint Galaxy S5

Since the Android 5.0Lollipop’s official release not too long ago, we’ve seen … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

4.4.3 baseband messing up with TMo LTE

OP hormosapiens

9th June 2014, 04:58 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 15

160 posts
More
I updated my N5 to 4.4.3 through this: http://forum.xda-developers.com/goog...persu-t2771010

could not wait for Google to update my N5.

My wife's N5 was updated through official ota.
We are both on TMobile. Same plan. Same zip code.

At home we use to have both LTE signal at 3 bars out of 4.

After the update I noticed this issue where both phones are connected to LTE but now we have 0 or 1 bar out of 4.

often I see No Network at all.

Changing to 3g or 2g will set the phone back on Edge or HSPA.

I think the new baseband messed it up.

Anyone else experiencing this issue on TMO with N5?

Any ideas?
Thanks
9th June 2014, 05:07 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 110

698 posts
I noticed 0-2 bars of LTE at home but mine has always been like that.
9th June 2014, 08:02 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 14

121 posts
i feel like i have less LTE bars than i did prior to the update. In some areas where I have always had LTE coverage, I have HSPA instead. At work I have less bars - I work very close to home (NYC, Manhattan) so i'm not sure if it a problem as a result of the update or service issues in the city - at least in my case.
9th June 2014, 08:25 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 210

1,170 posts
More
Bars and signal strength are not necessarily related. The bar is just telling you what the software is interpreting, there have been tons of signal bar hacks that make it more or less accurate.

What I will say is that the LTE drops are something I've seen before even when I paradoxically had "full bars" on LTE only to suddenly have my phone not actually displaying a connection and then it would, after a moment, drop to H+.
9th June 2014, 08:46 PM   |  #5  
Flag daytona beach
Thanks Meter: 204

568 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hormosapiens

I updated my N5 to 4.4.3 through this: http://forum.xda-developers.com/goog...persu-t2771010

could not wait for Google to update my N5.

My wife's N5 was updated through official ota.
We are both on TMobile. Same plan. Same zip code.

At home we use to have both LTE signal at 3 bars out of 4.

After the update I noticed this issue where both phones are connected to LTE but now we have 0 or 1 bar out of 4.

often I see No Network at all.

Changing to 3g or 2g will set the phone back on Edge or HSPA.

I think the new baseband messed it up.

Anyone else experiencing this issue on TMO with N5?

Any ideas?
Thanks

Not to sound like a D1ck,But.(I feel your pain)...Finally someone else besides me having issues and I'm on sprint (insert jokes now)the same thing has happened to me my wife my dad my brother and his wife.All of our data handoffs from 3G/LTE hang.I/we have gotten worse LTE.You are not the only 1.I even adb fastbooted back to 4.4.2 to see if the difference is just in my head.It's not.4.4.2 gave me LTE back again.
9th June 2014, 08:56 PM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member

160 posts
More
I am thinking to flash back the previous baseband. Anyone reversed back to the old radio but staying with 4.4.3? I can tell you that the battery life is better with 4.4.3.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
9th June 2014, 09:12 PM   |  #7  
Flag Georgia
Thanks Meter: 4

20 posts
More
Are you seeing that the behavior of handoffs is different or are you losing your data connection more often than before?
9th June 2014, 09:23 PM   |  #8  
OP Senior Member

160 posts
More
I am also seeing emergency calls only in some places like my job, where previously I had 3 bar lte. But at home it stays with 0 to 1bar very unstable. I am convinced is the new base band. Tmo told me to do a switch from 3G back to lte in network settings. After that didn't work they told me to do a full reset to factory settings. Thinking to flash back to . 23 radio.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
10th June 2014, 01:09 AM   |  #9  
Flag daytona beach
Thanks Meter: 204

568 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cookiehead2

Are you seeing that the behavior of handoffs is different or are you losing your data connection more often than before?

Both. The hand off is so bad I can't even verbally describe it.My singal drop is so bad I want to smash my phone.(but I want cause I love my nexus devices as much as my kids)

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread