Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,547 Members 43,561 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] 4.4.3 and inital encryption problem [Solved]

Tip us?

mgerard
Old
(Last edited by mgerard; 15th June 2014 at 08:41 PM.) Reason: Solved
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default [Q] 4.4.3 and inital encryption problem [Solved]

Not really sure how it was solved but tried it one more time and it finally worked.

I am trying to use the Encrypt Phone on the new 4.4.3 and I start the steps to do the initial encrypting I enter my password then it should go into encryption but the only thing that happens is my phone reboots and never encrypts. Not to give a long story here but I have used encryption in 4.4.2 and had no issues, 4.4.3 was after a full reset and fresh image pushed to the phone. Any thoughts? I hate to attempt a reset again.

Thank you,

-G

Lethargy
Old
Thanks Meter 680
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgerard View Post
Not really sure how it was solved but tried it one more time and it finally worked.
It's been like that for a while as far as I know - as you found out, trying again worked.

Sent from my Nexus 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyphur
You ask us to understand your position. Well if you want to benefit from our experience and time then I think it is only fair that you understand our position.

mgerard
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Yea, I had not had this one before. I had tried it so many times until it just worked. I wish I knew what steps it was that solved it but of course it could have been totally random. One thing I have noticed that fully encrypted on 4.4.3 has no lag that I can see. On the previous release I had noticed a slight change.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lethargy View Post
It's been like that for a while as far as I know - as you found out, trying again worked.

Sent from my Nexus 5

Lethargy
Old
Thanks Meter 680
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgerard View Post
Yea, I had not had this one before. I had tried it so many times until it just worked. I wish I knew what steps it was that solved it but of course it could have been totally random. One thing I have noticed that fully encrypted on 4.4.3 has no lag that I can see. On the previous release I had noticed a slight change.
I never encrypted my phone but I've randomly peeked at threads, one being this one: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2519762

It does seem to be random - and it's happened for a while.

Sent from my Nexus 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyphur
You ask us to understand your position. Well if you want to benefit from our experience and time then I think it is only fair that you understand our position.