Backup+ Lets You Backup Your App Data on Android Lollipop

Even though Android 5.0 Lollipop hasn’t yet seen its official release, quite … more

TechTalk Compiles All the Android News You Need in One App

If you’re as obsessed with mobile devices as the vast majority of our forum … more

Android App Review: Google Inbox to Improve Your Life – XDA TV

Recently, Google+ exploded with the announcement of Google Inbox, as … more

Damp the LG G3 Thermal Throttling

As our mobile devices grow thinner and more powerfulwith each passing generation, it’s inevitable … more

4.4.3 introduced previously nonexistant bugs for me...

OP iJimaniac

4th June 2014, 04:42 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 414

1,355 posts
Hello, am I the only one experiencing bugs that I didn't have before since upgrading to 4.4.3?

To be specific: I never had the mm-camera-daemeon bug before updating, now I see it in the battery statistics! I thought 4.4.3 was supposed to fix this, not introduce it for people who previously didn't have it.

Also, this might just be me, but the speaker and headphone volume seem quieter than before, which again, I thought this bug was supposed to be fixed.

I installed the factory image from google with fastboot, but didn't wipe the data.

Any thoughts?
4th June 2014, 04:46 PM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
BROOKLYN!
Thanks Meter: 21,897

26,302 posts
the camera deamon itself is not a bug, itll show up if you use the camera. what was a bug is that it continued to drain battery after the camera was used.
4th June 2014, 05:09 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member

1,355 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by simms22

the camera deamon itself is not a bug, itll show up if you use the camera. what was a bug is that it continued to drain battery after the camera was used.

But this is showing up after rebooting, and I haven't used the camera for a few days. I also don't have any apps like skype that may be accesing it. Maybe I'm just being paranoid though.
4th June 2014, 05:14 PM   |  #4  
Flag Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, UK
Thanks Meter: 12,269

23,261 posts
More
I always recommend wiping when updating Android versions. The Same principles as custom ROMs actually apply to stock too. Of you have bugs, rule out your data and legacy settings first by wiping data

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to rootSU For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th June 2014, 05:43 PM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member

1,355 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rootSU

I always recommend wiping when updating Android versions. The Same principles as custom ROMs actually apply to stock too. Of you have bugs, rule out your data and legacy settings first by wiping data

Yeah, I know it's a good idea, but I'm always hesitant to do so since my internet speed is around .25 mbps. Redownloading apps takes a looong time. I suppose there's always backup solutions though.
4th June 2014, 05:43 PM   |  #6  
Flag Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, UK
Thanks Meter: 12,269

23,261 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by iJimaniac

Yeah, I know it's a good idea, but I'm always hesitant to do so since my internet speed is around .25 mbps. Redownloading apps takes a looong time. I suppose there's always backup solutions though.

Yeah you can use helium.

4th June 2014, 07:33 PM   |  #7  
Flag Red Bank, NJ
Thanks Meter: 28

407 posts
More
No issues here
Quote:

Hello, am I the only one experiencing bugs that I didn't have before since upgrading to 4.4.3?

To be specific: I never had the mm-camera-daemeon bug before updating, now I see it in the battery statistics! I thought 4.4.3 was supposed to fix this, not introduce it for people who previously didn't have it.

Also, this might just be me, but the speaker and headphone volume seem quieter than before, which again, I thought this bug was supposed to be fixed.

I installed the factory image from google with fastboot, but didn't wipe the data.

Any thoughts?

I have no issues, but I waited for the OTA and sideloaded it because I didn't want to wipe my data.
Dirty flashing is almost always a bad idea, if you have problems your just going to have to reset your device.
Yet everyone insists on doing it because they can't wait a day for the OTA to drop
Happens every time there's a new Google version put out, tons of people with issues because they dirty flashed the factory image.

Lesson
Wait for the OTA to sideload or install the factory image and let it reset your device as it's designed to do.
4th June 2014, 07:41 PM   |  #8  
OP Senior Member

1,355 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by movielover76

I have no issues, but I waited for the OTA and sideloaded it because I didn't want to wipe my data.
Dirty flashing is almost always a bad idea, if you have problems your just going to have to reset your device.
Yet everyone insists on doing it because they can't wait a day for the OTA to drop
Happens every time there's a new Google version put out, tons of people with issues because they dirty flashed the factory image.

Lesson
Wait for the OTA to sideload or install the factory image and let it reset your device as it's designed to do.

Actually, I flashed it because I had modified the /system partition and my limited understanding of how Nexus devices update told me the ota wouldn't work with a modified system. Is this correct, or does the modified system only keep your device from receiving the ota, not sideloading it? This is the first device I've had that actually receives official updates, so I'm new to this.
4th June 2014, 07:45 PM   |  #9  
Flag Red Bank, NJ
Thanks Meter: 28

407 posts
More
Modified system
Quote:

Actually, I flashed it because I had modified the /system partition and my limited understanding of how Nexus devices update told me the ota wouldn't work with a modified system. Is this correct, or does the modified system only keep your device from receiving the ota, not sideloading it? This is the first device I've had that actually receives official updates, so I'm new to this.

If your not stock your right, the OTA will likely fail. You can get away with being rooted, you'll just lose root.
Unfortunately everyone wants to get away without clearing and reseting their device and it leads to problems when people dirty flash the factory image.

If your not stock and want the latest update, your best bet is to bite the bullet and install the full factory image the way it was intended.
Clearing the device at the same time with the factory image, or installing one of the pre-rooted roms that comes out shortly after the new version drops. (Again clearing user data)
It's part of the price that comes with tinkering with your device.
Last edited by movielover76; 4th June 2014 at 07:47 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to movielover76 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th June 2014, 07:46 PM   |  #10  
OP Senior Member

1,355 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by movielover76

If your not stock your right, the OTA will likely fail.
Unfortunately everyone wants to get away without clearing and reseting their device and it leads to problems when people dirty flash the factory image.

If your not stock and want the latest update, your best bet is to bite the bullet and install the full factory image the way it was intended.
Clearing the device at the same time with the factory image, or installing one of the pre-rooted roms that comes out shortly after the new version drops. (Again clearing user data)

Alright, good deal! Now I know for next time, thanks

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread