Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,359 Members 40,444 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Got the 4.4.3 OTA but failed to update

Tip us?

albert_htc
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by rootSU View Post
Just download the full rooted stock ROM in android development and flash it without wipe from recovery.

It's actually fewer steps anyway.

OTA = revert system changes, boot recovery, flash, re-flash recovery, re-root
Rooted stock = boot recovery, flash

No brainer really. Flashing an OTA if rooted is a fool's errand

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
I've flash it and it's back up and running
Had to reflash SU and amend my build.prop to get the LCD density back to 480

After the first reboot it came up and offered me the OTA ! Hopefully it's not going to keep doing that.

Thanks

Calabrese1984
Old
(Last edited by Calabrese1984; 15th June 2014 at 02:52 PM.) Reason: spelling error
Thanks Meter 62
Default Trying to Update my Nexus 7 (Wifi) to 4.4.3 using TWRP

I got the notification and it went through the steps of downloading and rebooting. It starts to install for like 5sec, then the screen switches to the TWRP main screen. I tried using Wugfresh Nexus toolkit before to root my Nexus 7 and that was easy enough. I tried to unroot and flash stock recovery and failed. I don't know what to do, I dont care about losing root, in fact I regret rooting it in the first place. I'd rather get it back to stock so I can update............PLEASE HELP!!!

Lethargy
Old
Thanks Meter 1,626
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calabrese1984 View Post
I got the notification and it went through the steps of downloading and rebooting. It starts to install for like 5sec, then the screen switches to the TWRP main screen. I tried using Wugfresh Nexus toolkit before to root my Nexus 7 and that was easy enough. I tried to unroot and flash stock recovery and failed. I don't know what to do, I dont care about losing root, in fact I regret rooting it in the first place. I'd rather get it back to stock so I can update............PLEASE HELP!!!
Toolkits, the reason for so many useless help threads..

Sent from my Nexus 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyphur
You ask us to understand your position. Well if you want to benefit from our experience and time then I think it is only fair that you understand our position.
I actively add ignorant people to my ignore list.

Calabrese1984
Old
(Last edited by Calabrese1984; 26th June 2014 at 03:17 AM.) Reason: forgot something
Thanks Meter 62
Default Can anyone Help!!!

Quote:
I restored my stock recovery and still my Nexus 7 just error's after reboot/ installation! Now 4.4.4 is being rolled out and I'm still stuck on trying to update to 4.4.3! I dont know how to fix the issue. Anyone, any idea's????

rootSU
Old
Thanks Meter 11,403
Quote:
I restored my stock recovery and still my Nexus 7 just error's after reboot/ installation! Now 4.4.4 is being rolled out and I'm still stuck on trying to update to 4.4.3! I dont know how to fix the issue. Anyone, any idea's????
This is not the nexus 7 forum.

You can either fastboot flash the stock factory images or if you have a custom recovery, find a rooted stock flashable zip

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Want to root/unroot? All important guides and info threads are contained within the "Sticky Roll-up" thread in General. Click the link below to get there!

**Sticky Roll-up: All Guides snd Info Threads linked here**

Philz Touch Recovery with passkey secure lock

I do NOT reply to support queries over PM.

sayantandas
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diaphragma View Post
I'm having the same problem. Twrp is telling me that dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/boot has unexpected content. I did have elementalx kernel installed, but I flashed the stock 4.4.1-4.4.2 kernel before I tried to install the 4.4.3 update.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zepius View Post
do you have a custom kernel?
Found the fix. This was due to the patched kernel which MultiRom uses. Flashed the stock boot.img to fix the problem and upgrade successfully

StoneyJSG
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Daddy View Post
You removed Google books. Restore it.
I am having the same issue with my Galaxy S3 and can't get the OTA because I removed Google books. Will google books from the play store work so I can update?

Zepius
Old
Thanks Meter 1,078
Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneyJSG View Post
I am having the same issue with my Galaxy S3 and can't get the OTA because I removed Google books. Will google books from the play store work so I can update?
1) this is the nexus 5 problems
2) no, because its expecting google books to be in system.

NOTE: if you want the OTA.... STOP MODDING YOUR PHONE.
Go back to stock on your nexus 5 using this guide: here

Tired of paying too much money for your phone plan? go prepaid!

Save money on refills for your prepaid plans: Use Callingmart

-Zep