Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,386 Members 51,916 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

When will i get 4.4.3

Tip us?

yto5
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default When will i get 4.4.3

Does any one have any idea as till when i will get 4.4.3 update im now on 4.4.2 completely stock unrooted and with no modification.

Its hard for me to wait here i cant use side load via adb so still waiting for ota please someone can have a rough idea as what is the maximum time possible to get the update thanks in advancd

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

greystealth
Old
Thanks Meter 29
I don't think anyone really actually knows since the ota comes in batches from the Google Gods. Just wait, you aren't missing much at all. It could be your carrier too. Overall, I've noticed no difference other than a new dialer screen.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

TheLastSidekick
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2038

DONATE TO ME
The update really isn't something to write home about. But I understand the wanting to test it already we have been waiting for this update nearly half a year already. Like said above me the OTA rolls out in batches which usually means by region.

Try finding the Nexus 5 OTA URL thread. Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I thought you could flash the OTA URL .zip being completely stock.

In the possible worst case scenario, you're either gonna be waiting a few more days or you're going to end up rooting, and rooting isn't bad. (Which again probably is the point we all have a Nexus 5 )

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Team Inferno (Co-admin)
The Following User Says Thank You to TheLastSidekick For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Claghorn
Old
Thanks Meter 42
I have a Nexus 7 2013, and original Nexus 7, and a Nexus 5. I got 4.4.3 OTA on the Nexus 7 2013 Thursday at around 3:30pm. Still waiting on the other two, so it sure seems random. They definitely aren't going by the registered gmail accounts on each device, since all 3 are the same for me, and they are all within a few feet of each other, so geography doesn't seem to be a factor either. I could sideload the updates, but I'm actually kinda curious to see how long it takes to get it over the air .

mistahseller
Old
Thanks Meter 192
You will notice 0 difference in 4.4.2 --> 4.4.3 unless you had the camera battery drain.

rootSU
Old
Thanks Meter 10673
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claghorn View Post
I have a Nexus 7 2013, and original Nexus 7, and a Nexus 5. I got 4.4.3 OTA on the Nexus 7 2013 Thursday at around 3:30pm. Still waiting on the other two, so it sure seems random. They definitely aren't going by the registered gmail accounts on each device, since all 3 are the same for me, and they are all within a few feet of each other, so geography doesn't seem to be a factor either. I could sideload the updates, but I'm actually kinda curious to see how long it takes to get it over the air .
It's not random, it's in batches as said already. There is no way a Nexus 7 and a Nexus 5 could be considered the same batch. They're not even the same device.
Want to root/unroot? All important guides and info threads are contained within the "Sticky Roll-up" thread in General. Click the link below to get there!

Philz Touch Recovery with passkey secure lock

I do NOT reply to support queries over PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to rootSU For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

haturaya
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Just wait. It will come. Be patient.

Claghorn
Old
Thanks Meter 42
Quote:
I have a Nexus 7 2013, and original Nexus 7, and a Nexus 5. I got 4.4.3 OTA on the Nexus 7 2013 Thursday at around 3:30pm. Still waiting on the other two...
So, it is now Tuesday Jun 10, and at about 3pm the update showed up on my Nexus 5 (installed fine, I got re-rooted no problem). Just waiting for the original Nexus 7 now.

Claghorn
Old
Thanks Meter 42
Quote:
So, it is now Tuesday Jun 10, and at about 3pm the update showed up on my Nexus 5 (installed fine, I got re-rooted no problem). Just waiting for the original Nexus 7 now.
And another week later, Tue Jun 17th, and 4.4.3 finally showed up on my original 2012 Nexus 7, so it took quite a lot of time for all 3 of my Nexus devices to get the OTA update (but it did eventually happen .