[Q] 4.4.3 Update

Search This thread

HerrJuancho

May 3, 2012
Barranquilla
Hello everybody.

First of all, I'm not sure whether this is the place to post this kind of questions. My apologies in advance. Here is my problem.

I rooted my nexus 5 nearly after a month of having bought it using the nexus root toolkit. Today I received the 4.4.3 OTA, and somewhere I read that it would fail most likely. I also read read that I should set survival mode in SuperSU (a pro option) in order to retain root access, which I couldn't. I tried to update via the OTA thinking it would fail, and it worked, only that I lost my root access.

Is there an easy way to regain root access? I don't want to wipe and re-install everything. There are only a few apps I use that need root access, however it would be nice to have them back, nevertheless.

Thanks in advance.

PS: Now I am able to record video hassle-free, no more static noise in the background :victory:

Aerowinder

Aug 11, 2012
Hello everybody.

First of all, I'm not sure whether this is the place to post this kind of questions. My apologies in advance. Here is my problem.

I rooted my nexus 5 nearly after a month of having bought it using the nexus root toolkit. Today I received the 4.4.3 OTA, and somewhere I read that it would fail most likely. I also read read that I should set survival mode in SuperSU (a pro option) in order to retain root access, which I couldn't. I tried to update via the OTA thinking it would fail, and it worked, only that I lost my root access.

Is there an easy way to regain root access? I don't want to wipe and re-install everything. There are only a few apps I use that need root access, however it would be nice to have them back, nevertheless.

Thanks in advance.

PS: Now I am able to record video hassle-free, no more static noise in the background :victory:

So dump SuperSU zip on the phone (link in sig), and flash it with recovery.

Reactions: HerrJuancho

HerrJuancho

May 3, 2012
Barranquilla

Thanks for your reply. I have already SuperSU on my phone, but when I press it it says there are some binaries missing. Busybox doesn't update the binaries since it has no root access and says the device might be improperly rooted. My recovery is TWRP, so I can actully flash root files or such.

Edit: I just tried to boot into recovery and it didn't work quite well. There is a fallen android guy with a red triangle. So I don't have recovery either it seems.

Last edited:

Aerowinder

Aug 11, 2012
Thanks for your reply. I have already SuperSU on my phone, but when I press it it says there are some binaries missing. Busybox doesn't update the binaries since it has no root access and says the device might be improperly rooted. My recovery is TWRP, so I can actully flash root files or such.

Edit: I just tried to boot into recovery and it didn't work quite well. There is a fallen android guy with a red triangle. So I don't have recovery either it seems.

Download TWRP 2.7.1.0 from here: http://techerrata.com/browse/twrp2/hammerhead

Reboot to bootloader, fastboot flash recovery twrp.img

Flash SuperSU with TWRP.

If you do not understand these instructions, I highly suggest reading this sticky: http://xdaforums.com/google-nexus-5/general/guide-nexus-5-how-to-unlock-bootloader-t2507905

Reactions: HerrJuancho

HerrJuancho

May 3, 2012
Barranquilla

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello everybody.

Thanks in advance.

Download TWRP 2.7.1.0 from here: http://techerrata.com/browse/twrp2/hammerhead

Reboot to bootloader, fastboot flash recovery twrp.img

Flash SuperSU with TWRP.

If you do not understand these instructions, I highly suggest reading this sticky: http://xdaforums.com/google-nexus-5/general/guide-nexus-5-how-to-unlock-bootloader-t2507905