Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,690 Members 47,425 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] 4.4.3 vs 4.4.2

Tip us?

colorado_al
Old
Thanks Meter 79
I have found that the new dialer app is buggy. doesn't always show who is calling/history, etc.
I reverted to old dialer:
http://www.theandroidsoul.com/new-ph...er-id-feature/
Tablet - Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 - ROOTED 4.0.3
------------------------------
Phone - Google Nexus 5 - ROOTED 4.4.2
Old Phone - Samsung Galaxy S III

mark2410
Old
Thanks Meter 4
i agree, the new dialer is just horrible. looks horrible and just feels broken, the usability of it is horrible and this "we only accept US numbers" thing is just ridiculous. it used to work and pull up where the area code originated at least. this "FU youre not american" attitude coming out of google is really, really beginning to piss me off

rootSU
Old
Thanks Meter 9744
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark2410 View Post
i agree, the new dialer is just horrible. looks horrible and just feels broken, the usability of it is horrible and this "we only accept US numbers" thing is just ridiculous. it used to work and pull up where the area code originated at least. this "FU youre not american" attitude coming out of google is really, really beginning to piss me off
Google starts all the products as US only first. It's always been like that.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Want to root/unroot? All important guides and info threads are contained within the "Sticky Roll-up" thread in General. Click the link below to get there!

Philz Touch Recovery with passkey secure lock

I do NOT reply to support queries over PM.

mark2410
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by rootSU View Post
Google starts all the products as US only first. It's always been like that.

so?

i understand that different systems mean its sensible to start with one and go from there but there is no good reason to break things that worked. i mean who anywhere in google thought that slapping up the message "only works with US numbers" was in any possible way constructive or useful to anyone??????? if it doesnt work with the number then just have it do nothing for gods sake and just display the number.

rootSU
Old
Thanks Meter 9744
Gosh, you're so angry about this. Why not email Google and ask them?

Want to root/unroot? All important guides and info threads are contained within the "Sticky Roll-up" thread in General. Click the link below to get there!

Philz Touch Recovery with passkey secure lock

I do NOT reply to support queries over PM.

mark2410
Old
Thanks Meter 4
well yes i am annoyed. they went out of their way to break something. much like google wallet, where they actively work to not allow it to work outside the US.

its getting really tiresome
The Following User Says Thank You to mark2410 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

bblzd
Old
(Last edited by bblzd; 15th June 2014 at 09:56 PM.)
Thanks Meter 252
Quote:
Originally Posted by tasty-xda View Post
I've heard that the notification LED borks in the 4.4.3 update. Is that true even when using Lite Flow for notification monitoring & color assignment?
Before 4.4.3 my phone wouldn't blink the notification LED on occasion, it seemed to happen when the phone had been in deep sleep for prolonged periods of time.

However, since the update it hasn't missed any. So for my case the notification LED functionality seems to have been improved. However, it has never blinked for my missed calls either before or after the update. I just assume it's not meant to though I'd like it to, given the option.
W32

tasty-xda
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by bblzd View Post
Before 4.4.3 my phone wouldn't blink the notification LED on occasion, it seemed to happen when the phone had been in deep sleep for prolonged periods of time.

However, since the update it hasn't missed any. So for my case the notification LED functionality seems to have been improved. However, it has never blinked for my missed calls either before or after the update. I just assume it's not meant to though I'd like it to, given the option.
Ah. I've got mine set so that it will blink after a missed call, but not the VM in 4.4.2 via Light Flow.

I've got some time later tonight or tomorrow to play with it, may do a nandroid backup and flash it. Any problems with dropping the 4.4.3 full rom over top of a 4.4.2 install? I know google had a 74mb delta update, but I can't find that anywhere here so I'm using the next best option of the full rom...