Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Does 4.4.4 fixes the audio bug when recording videos?

OP Sensamic

9th August 2014, 08:11 PM   |  #21  
Flag Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, UK
Thanks Meter: 13,806

24,987 posts
More
It is a software issue, so there will never be enough!

Enough with the hardware issue. Seriously. Im not even joking

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk < Yes, I want you to know that I'm using a mobile client
The Following User Says Thank You to rootSU For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th August 2014, 12:16 AM   |  #22  
Flag Masku
Thanks Meter: 117

405 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensamic

You've been saying that always, but I haven't seen any developer fix it with a patch.

Not even Google has fixed it with updates. Do you really believe the all powerful Google can't fix it? They have great software engineers and developers, yet still no solution.

In the Google forums everyone keeps saying it's a hardware problem and I believe that.

It looks like Google won't/can't fix the issue, so it's not software, or they could have already fixed it.

Google guys doesn't seem to be that good engineers exactly because they haven't been able (or willing) to fix this issue. And about Google being a powerfull company; true as long as it gives them money. Google is not the most user friendly company as we all know so I guess this issue has got pretty much ignored by them. Or then it's just that their engineers have weak knowledge about audio related hardware/software optimizing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensamic

Same reason LG hasn't updated the bad GPS of the G2 or the antenna location to fix the cell reception issues.

Same reason Apple didn't update the antenna issue on the iPhone 4 until the next model iPhone 4S.

Same reason OnePlus won't update the screens on their phone to fix the yellow tint issue.

Same reason they haven't updated the Nexus 5 to include a stronger vibration motor.

Same reason they haven't updated the Nexus 7 2013 with a new screen to fix the touchscreen issue.

Enough with the software issue seriously.

And finally I'm glad to show you something that gives you bulletproof evidence that this issue is indeed SOFTWARE ISSUE. FLASH THIS PLEASE (third post includes flashable zip): http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2837930
That is not bulls**t, simply 100% working fix.
Last edited by rockknee; 10th August 2014 at 12:27 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to rockknee For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th August 2014, 12:28 AM   |  #23  

24,987 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockknee

Google guys doesn't seem to be that good engineers exactly because they haven't been able (or willing) to fix this issue. And about Google being a powerfull company; true as long as it gives them money. Google is not the most user friendly company as we all know so I guess this issue has got pretty much ignored by them. Or then it's just that their engineers have weak knowledge about audio related hardware/software optimizing.

And finally I'm glad to show you something that gives you bulletproof evidence that this issue is indeed SOFTWARE ISSUE. FLASH THIS PLEASE (third post includes flashable zip): http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2837930
That is not bulls**t, simply 100% working fix.

Yep. Makes a lot of difference.

Before mic gain fix: http://youtu.be/HigzPW-PWvM

After mic gain fix: http://youtu.be/_ecttPAu_Jc

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk < Yes, I want you to know that I'm using a mobile client
Last edited by rootSU; 10th August 2014 at 01:04 AM.
10th August 2014, 12:45 AM   |  #24  
Flag Masku

405 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rootSU

Yep. Makes a lot of difference.

Yes it does indeed. Now let's hope the patch will be merged to aosp so everyone could benefit from @chdloc 's great work.
10th August 2014, 12:56 AM   |  #25  

24,987 posts
More
Quote:

Yes it does indeed. Now let's hope the patch will be merged to aosp so everyone could benefit from @chdloc 's great work.

I don't think it will be. Its more of a workaround than a fix so I don't expect theyll merge it.

10th August 2014, 01:01 AM   |  #26  
Flag Masku

405 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rootSU

I don't think it will be. Its more of a workaround than a fix so I don't expect theyll merge it.

But if there can be that good workaround, official fix must be possible. There is just needed some help by LG/Google.
10th August 2014, 01:06 AM   |  #27  

24,987 posts
More
Quote:

But if there can be that good workaround, official fix must be possible. There is just needed some help by LG/Google.

I think work around addresses symptoms rather than fixes cause. Same result for end user but Google prefer fix rather than workaround

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread