FORUMS

Analysis & Opinion

4.4.4 Radio

308 posts
Thanks Meter: 84
 
By MrCatalyst, Senior Member on 21st June 2014, 08:20 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
As many people know, 4.4.3 radio has caused some issues for people, namely increased battery drain, thus I ended up switching back to 4.4.2 just to enjoy the good battery life.
What is the 4.4.4 radio like? Does it have the increased battery drain of 4.4.3, or is it battery friendly like the 4.4.2?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
 
 
21st June 2014, 08:34 PM |#2  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 1,325
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GUGUITOMTG4

In my case.I had to downgrade to the 4.4.1 radio since the the 4.4.3 one dropped signal so much and that drained around 10% battery overnight for 3 consecutive nights. That's the main issue I found with it. Now, with the .4. its all back to normal and get better signal on places like basements and spots that were dead before..

Does this help?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Aerowinder For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st June 2014, 08:55 PM |#3  
MrCatalyst's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 84
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerowinder

Does this help?

Yep! Exactly what I wanted to hear. Thanks man!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
22nd June 2014, 10:02 PM |#4  
TheLastSidekick's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Springfield, Massachusetts
Thanks Meter: 2,300
 
Donate to Me
More
Yeah 4.4.4 is working a treat on T-Mobile at least. I used to get WiFi and mobile data disconnections where I would need to reboot my Nexus 5. But ever since the 4.4.4 modem came out, I haven't had a single disconnect.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
22nd June 2014, 10:22 PM |#5  
madarchod's Avatar
Senior Member
Fortuna
Thanks Meter: 30
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLastSidekick

Yeah 4.4.4 is working a treat on T-Mobile at least. I used to get WiFi and mobile data disconnections where I would need to reboot my Nexus 5. But ever since the 4.4.4 modem came out, I haven't had a single disconnect.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I still get wifi disconnections on clean flashed 4.4.4.. Icon turns orange, had to restart wifi to again resolve that..
dang google when will you resolve this issue...
23rd June 2014, 12:03 AM |#6  
jbdan's Avatar
Senior Member
Atlanta
Thanks Meter: 698
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by madarchod

I still get wifi disconnections on clean flashed 4.4.4.. Icon turns orange, had to restart wifi to again resolve that..
dang google when will you resolve this issue...

Go into your router settings and change "channel width" to 20mhz

N5
25th June 2014, 08:19 PM |#7  
madarchod's Avatar
Senior Member
Fortuna
Thanks Meter: 30
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbdan

Go into your router settings and change "channel width" to 20mhz

N5

hmm, it was already at 20mhz, it's i think android related only, 4.4.4 just slightly improved it, earlier @ 4.4.2, the icon used to turn orange after about 12hrs., in 4.4.4, it's 36-48hrs, but it eventually does turn orange and i just toggle wifi on the device and it again works for another 36-48hrs.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes