Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,210 Members 48,933 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

7hr Battery DRAIN! [Battery issue]

Tip us?

Droidbox.
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Exclamation 7hr Battery DRAIN! [Battery issue]

Hi guys, like the title says I've got a battery issue!
About a month ago I bought this amazing nexus 5 device for a great deal 275 for the phone that is in great condition + a Chinese brand charger. The problem Is the battery I made a screenshot of the battery time only thing I used was Spotify and the brightness was on auto. This is deffenitly a problem! What should I do?? Should I buy a new charger and battery and flash a custom kernel like Franco's to save some battery? Thank you for reading guys
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-03-10-21-10-50.jpg
Views:	3317
Size:	120.0 KB
ID:	2624510  

thunder_bolt96
Old
Thanks Meter 3
It's important for the battery that the voltage is correct, maybe a chinese charger it's not the better choise you can do..also kernel and rom (es. Purity and Franco or ElementalX ) can do a lot, also with good settings in undervolt and underclock!

gee2012
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2808
Quote:
Originally Posted by Droidbox. View Post
Hi guys, like the title says I've got a battery issue!
About a month ago I bought this amazing nexus 5 device for a great deal €275 for the phone that is in great condition + a Chinese brand charger. The problem Is the battery I made a screenshot of the battery time only thing I used was Spotify and the brightness was on auto. This is deffenitly a problem! What should I do?? Should I buy a new charger and battery and flash a custom kernel like Franco's to save some battery? Thank you for reading guys
Just use any universal 1.5 Amp / 5v charger and charging shouldn`t be a problem. Or the charger that comes with the phone off course.
USE Search: /this thread /all threads/Google before posting your question, you`re most likely not the first one having this issue

Droidbox.
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by gee2012 View Post
Just use any universal 1.5 Amp / 5v charger and charging shouldn`t be a problem. Or the charger that comes with the phone off course.
Do u think a new battery would be needed ? After I buy a new battery should I charge it 100 then flash a kernel? What should I do first?
Hammer_Of_The_Gods Old
Thanks Meter
Hi,

How much screen on time have you?

You should also take a look if you have not a rogue app with a ton of wackelocks. Check also your wi-fi settings.

Can you post a screenshot of the battery history detail, I mean the graph?

Droidbox.
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer_Of_The_Gods View Post
Hi,

How much screen on time have you?

You should also take a look if you have not a rogue app with a ton of wackelocks. Check also your wi-fi settings.

Can you post a screenshot of the battery history detail, I mean the graph?
This is how it looks right now.. What do u mean by a rogue app?? Also I have trouble finding an original nexus 5 adapter that comes with the box (Netherlands) anyway thank you mate
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-03-11-14-38-39.png
Views:	57
Size:	175.8 KB
ID:	2624942