Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,054 Members 46,327 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Not able to enable thermal throthling

Tip us?
 
simms22
Old
#31  
simms22's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 21,449
Posts: 25,805
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: BROOKLYN!
Quote:
Originally Posted by varuntis1993 View Post
I flashed back the stock system.img, boot.img and cache.img so i did lost root access and also all the modules were disabled....then also it was the same N
.
And about the busybox was installed before flashing the stock files
maybe you have an app thats disabling it? what do you use for cpu control?
Google+ Profile
Twitter Simms22
DerKernel For Trinity kernels and more!
 
varuntis1993
Old
(Last edited by varuntis1993; 7th February 2014 at 06:21 PM.)
#32  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 53
Posts: 313
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: New Delhi
Quote:
Originally Posted by simms22 View Post
maybe you have an app thats disabling it? what do you use for cpu control?
Nothing I have uninstalled all such apps and most of the apps require busybox which is not installed
 
varuntis1993
Old
#33  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 53
Posts: 313
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: New Delhi
@simms22 @viking37 ok guyz I have got it working, thanks for your help
.
I think something was wrong with franco test image of r33 feb 4 version or maybe it is designed to work like that?
I flashed back that kernel and then changed the N to Y and rebooted, on boot it sticked with Y.
Then I flashed the stock kernel and yea now my file shows Y .

But I m still guessing what changes that kernal made that after flashing the stock kernel also that file didn't change?
The Following User Says Thank You to varuntis1993 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
simms22
Old
#34  
simms22's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 21,449
Posts: 25,805
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: BROOKLYN!
Quote:
Originally Posted by varuntis1993 View Post
@simms22 @viking37 ok guyz I have got it working, thanks for your help
.
I think something was wrong with franco test image of r33 feb 4 version or maybe it is designed to work like that?
I flashed back that kernel and then changed the N to Y and rebooted, on boot it sticked with Y.
Then I flashed the stock kernel and yea now my file shows Y .

But I m still guessing what changes that kernal made that after flashing the stock kernel also that file didn't change?
franco kernel changes system files, so just changing the kernel wont change them back. dirty flashing your rom before flashing another kernel would fix it. dirty flashing meaning not wiping anything when you flash it.
Google+ Profile
Twitter Simms22
DerKernel For Trinity kernels and more!
 
varuntis1993
Old
#35  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 53
Posts: 313
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: New Delhi
Quote:
Originally Posted by simms22 View Post
franco kernel changes system files, so just changing the kernel wont change them back. dirty flashing your rom before flashing another kernel would fix it. dirty flashing meaning not wiping anything when you flash it.
But I flashed back the stock system images in an attempt to make it work, even that didn't work.
 
simms22
Old
#36  
simms22's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 21,449
Posts: 25,805
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: BROOKLYN!
Quote:
Originally Posted by varuntis1993 View Post
But I flashed back the stock system images in an attempt to make it work, even that didn't work.
thats right, i forgot.
Google+ Profile
Twitter Simms22
DerKernel For Trinity kernels and more!
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Compile Your Own Kernel From Source with Comprehensive Tutorial

One glance at any developer section of any device forum on XDA and youll find … more

WowWee Mip – Android Accessory Review – XDA Developer TV

The holidays will be here in no time, so why not start thinking about … more

Stream Your Media Files with the New Version of Droid Sync Manager

Android is a Linux-based operating system, but this fact doesn’t put … more

Old but Gold Internet Browser is a Blast from the Past

A Web browser is one of these applications that we can’t live without. We useit … more