Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,985 Members 54,157 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Not able to update my nexus 5 to KitKat 4.4.4 using OTA

Tip us?

sagarbhathwar
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Not able to update my nexus 5 to KitKat 4.4.4 using OTA

I saw on the Internet that KitKat 4.4.4 with security bug fixes has been launched only for nexus 5 through OTA but when I check for updates, the phone says your system is up to date. I'm running stock android 4.4.3 unrooted. Why is this happening? Any help regarding this?
P.S. - I don't want to update using factory images. Only using OTA. Want to know why my phone is unable to get the update.
Thank you

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

jd1639
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3037
Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarbhathwar View Post
I saw on the Internet that KitKat 4.4.4 with security bug fixes has been launched only for nexus 5 through OTA but when I check for updates, the phone says your system is up to date. I'm running stock android 4.4.3 unrooted. Why is this happening? Any help regarding this?
P.S. - I don't want to update using factory images. Only using OTA. Want to know why my phone is unable to get the update.
Thank you

They roll out in stages. You'll have to be patient or check out the ota help in the general forum and download the ota zip

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app

jball
Old
Thanks Meter 146
Floating around here are stock 4.4.4 zips you can flash.

Evo_Shift
Old
Thanks Meter 350
Don't worry. I've not received it either. Google sucks with updates and gives absolutely no change log or support. Apple walks all over them in this area. I've read it may take two to three weeks for everyone to get it.

Zepius
Old
Thanks Meter 1071
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evo_Shift View Post
Don't worry. I've not received it either. Google sucks with updates and gives absolutely no change log or support. Apple walks all over them in this area. I've read it may take two to three weeks for everyone to get it.
and thats why on update day at apple it takes 12+ hrs for the update to download because their servers are hammered.

pick your poison.
Go back to stock on your nexus 5 using this guide: here

Tired of paying too much money for your phone plan? go prepaid!

Save money on refills for your prepaid plans: Use Callingmart

-Zep
The Following User Says Thank You to Zepius For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

thom_bjork
Old
Thanks Meter 39

DONATE TO ME
I'd definitely take the staged rollout. No question. Then again, I never wait for an ota. There are plenty of other options available if you're not patient enough to wait. Even waiting for the ota, you'll still get the update before most other devices. Some won't get it at all. Wait, or go a different route. Simple.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Mobile Data
Using Tapatalk

hucifer
Old
Thanks Meter 10
I don't understand why people who are so desperate for the update don't just install a custom recovery and flash the zip.

Or just adb sideload like a savage.