Not able to update my nexus 5 to KitKat 4.4.4 using OTA

OP sagarbhathwar

21st June 2014, 08:41 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
I saw on the Internet that KitKat 4.4.4 with security bug fixes has been launched only for nexus 5 through OTA but when I check for updates, the phone says your system is up to date. I'm running stock android 4.4.3 unrooted. Why is this happening? Any help regarding this?
P.S. - I don't want to update using factory images. Only using OTA. Want to know why my phone is unable to get the update.
Thank you

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
21st June 2014, 08:47 PM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Minnetonka, MN
Thanks Meter: 3,510

10,202 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarbhathwar

I saw on the Internet that KitKat 4.4.4 with security bug fixes has been launched only for nexus 5 through OTA but when I check for updates, the phone says your system is up to date. I'm running stock android 4.4.3 unrooted. Why is this happening? Any help regarding this?
P.S. - I don't want to update using factory images. Only using OTA. Want to know why my phone is unable to get the update.
Thank you

They roll out in stages. You'll have to be patient or check out the ota help in the general forum and download the ota zip

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app
23rd June 2014, 02:27 AM   |  #3  
Flag Amber
Thanks Meter: 176

854 posts
More
Floating around here are stock 4.4.4 zips you can flash.

23rd June 2014, 03:48 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 350

1,841 posts
Don't worry. I've not received it either. Google sucks with updates and gives absolutely no change log or support. Apple walks all over them in this area. I've read it may take two to three weeks for everyone to get it.
23rd June 2014, 04:23 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 1,083

2,866 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evo_Shift

Don't worry. I've not received it either. Google sucks with updates and gives absolutely no change log or support. Apple walks all over them in this area. I've read it may take two to three weeks for everyone to get it.

and thats why on update day at apple it takes 12+ hrs for the update to download because their servers are hammered.

pick your poison.
The Following User Says Thank You to Zepius For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd June 2014, 05:54 AM   |  #6  
Flag Clovis
Thanks Meter: 73

113 posts
Donate to Me
More
I'd definitely take the staged rollout. No question. Then again, I never wait for an ota. There are plenty of other options available if you're not patient enough to wait. Even waiting for the ota, you'll still get the update before most other devices. Some won't get it at all. Wait, or go a different route. Simple.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Mobile Data
23rd June 2014, 09:01 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 11

16 posts
More
I don't understand why people who are so desperate for the update don't just install a custom recovery and flash the zip.

Or just adb sideload like a savage.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread