No registration required

[Q] access MTP from command line

OP wim69

30th July 2014, 02:15 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 30

174 posts
More
I have been looking around for this, but couldn't find a solution.

When connecting my Nexus 5 to my computer, it shows up as Portable Device. I can access data via explorer.

How can I access the data via Command Line when not in recovery? I want to make a batchfile to copy certain files.

thanks.
30th July 2014, 02:26 PM   |  #2  
Flag Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, UK
Thanks Meter: 13,974

25,198 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wim69

I have been looking around for this, but couldn't find a solution.

When connecting my Nexus 5 to my computer, it shows up as Portable Device. I can access data via explorer.

How can I access the data via Command Line when not in recovery? I want to make a batchfile to copy certain files.

thanks.

You can use adb but it is more complicated when Android is booted. It would be simpler to use a bash shell script from android than a batch file from windows

Although my assumption is you want to create a task in windows that detects when your nexus is connected and copy certain files over as a backup. In which case, can I recommend FolderySync instead? It can be used to automatically backup files to cloud or local networked computers automatically. For example, whilst I sleep, my /sdcard backs up over wifi to my NAS
The Following User Says Thank You to rootSU For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th July 2014, 07:56 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 213

1,039 posts
More
It should be pretty simple to use ADB for this... Make sure that adb is in your path and then run "adb pull" for each file you want to pull to your computer.
The Following User Says Thank You to raptir For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread