Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,811,204 Members 45,795 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] access MTP from command line

Tip us?

wim69
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 27
Default [Q] access MTP from command line

I have been looking around for this, but couldn't find a solution.

When connecting my Nexus 5 to my computer, it shows up as Portable Device. I can access data via explorer.

How can I access the data via Command Line when not in recovery? I want to make a batchfile to copy certain files.

thanks.
Flashaholic
Nexus 5 Unlocked Bootloader, rooted
TWRP recovery

rootSU
Old
Thanks Meter 11,416
Quote:
Originally Posted by wim69 View Post
I have been looking around for this, but couldn't find a solution.

When connecting my Nexus 5 to my computer, it shows up as Portable Device. I can access data via explorer.

How can I access the data via Command Line when not in recovery? I want to make a batchfile to copy certain files.

thanks.
You can use adb but it is more complicated when Android is booted. It would be simpler to use a bash shell script from android than a batch file from windows

Although my assumption is you want to create a task in windows that detects when your nexus is connected and copy certain files over as a backup. In which case, can I recommend FolderySync instead? It can be used to automatically backup files to cloud or local networked computers automatically. For example, whilst I sleep, my /sdcard backs up over wifi to my NAS
Want to root/unroot? All important guides and info threads are contained within the "Sticky Roll-up" thread in General. Click the link below to get there!

**Sticky Roll-up: All Guides snd Info Threads linked here**

Philz Touch Recovery with passkey secure lock

I do NOT reply to support queries over PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to rootSU For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

raptir
Old
Thanks Meter 179
It should be pretty simple to use ADB for this... Make sure that adb is in your path and then run "adb pull" for each file you want to pull to your computer.
The Following User Says Thank You to raptir For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]