Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,597 Members 52,134 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Need access to Google keep notes backed up with Titanium

Tip us?

Mubs
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] Need access to Google keep notes backed up with Titanium

Hey guys,

I've recently changed my rom to slimkat and I had some important notes that i stashed in my google keep. Luckily i have a backup of the app and data on my titanium from when i used to run that version of google keep on beanstalk.

I've tried restoring the app on my current slimkat rom, but it wont let me. Whats the easiest way for me to retrieve those notes?

Cheers

Mubs

IINexusII
Old
Thanks Meter 320
google keep notes are backed up with your google account, you dont need to backup the data using titanium backup.

log in to https://drive.google.com/keep/ and sign in with your google account. does the notes appear? if not then you will need to set auto sync on your phone and make sure keep is synced.

Why base what you think about a ROM on a quadrant score? Is it smooth for you? Is it as quick or quicker than other ROMS? THAT'S what you should base an impression of a ROM from. Its ALWAYS about the UX. Who really cares about a quadrant score? Do you plan on racing other Nexus phones on weekends or something? - CrackerTeg

brichardson1991
Old
Thanks Meter 7

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mubs View Post
Hey guys,

I've recently changed my rom to slimkat and I had some important notes that i stashed in my google keep. Luckily i have a backup of the app and data on my titanium from when i used to run that version of google keep on beanstalk.

I've tried restoring the app on my current slimkat rom, but it wont let me. Whats the easiest way for me to retrieve those notes?

Cheers

Mubs
Google keep should be synced across your devices.. ? Check https://keep.google.com/
If your notes are there then they've been synced and syncing to your new rom should be fine. If they're not there then either you didn't sync it and now would need to restore the app's data rather than the whole app.

Mubs
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Thanks for the replys.

I've tried that and my old notes don't appear. Maybe I didn't sync them using Google before.

Whats my next option? Ive also gone and installed keep off play store. Now that I try to uninstall it using titanium it says failed to uninstall apk file. Come to think of it, its doing the same thing for all the system apps.

Wakamatsu
Old
Thanks Meter 217
If you really need those notes, you may have to reinstall your old ROM, restore the data and sync properly. And restoring system data between different ROMs is often a bad idea.
Current phone: something with Android 4.something-something

Mubs
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
I managed to sort it.
I installed a fresh copy of keep but had the data transfered over from titanium backup.

I still have the problem where I can't delete system apps though. Can anybody advise on this?

Cheers