Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,547 Members 43,085 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] adb problem

Tip us?

raghavsharmaxda
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 331
Default [Q] adb problem

I managed to root anr install twrp on nexus 5.. I installed walkman.zip and clicked on clear cache after that..then it just didnt end and i had to force it to restart... When i did re start, played a song, in 4mins, any file manager was not reading the sd card!! Now i didnt took a rom backup..but it did boot ventually..it says cache not found! I think i screwed with cache partition.. Now i am trying to side load a zip(paranoid android), cmd is not recognisizing it..(adb i mean)..when i type adb shell, it says its no command and all..now all i want is to flash a rom and get out of this misery...twrp when formatting too, screws up and just dont end..! Help needed...i also did try to format, it just didnt format you know, it just got atuck for minutes again....can anyone give me link to cwm(if its twrp error)..also do help..urgent required.
Winter is coming #GameOfThrones

raghavsharmaxda
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 331
Quote:
Originally Posted by raghavsharmaxda View Post
I managed to root anr install twrp on nexus 5.. I installed walkman.zip and clicked on clear cache after that..then it just didnt end and i had to force it to restart... When i did re start, played a song, in 4mins, any file manager was not reading the sd card!! Now i didnt took a rom backup..but it did boot ventually..it says cache not found! I think i screwed with cache partition.. Now i am trying to side load a zip(paranoid android), cmd is not recognisizing it..(adb i mean)..when i type adb shell, it says its no command and all..now all i want is to flash a rom and get out of this misery...twrp when formatting too, screws up and just dont end..! Help needed...i also did try to format, it just didnt format you know, it just got atuck for minutes again....can anyone give me link to cwm(if its twrp error)..also do help..urgent required.
It would br grrat if solution is in step by step..irony is that i have rooted samsung devices, and odin does the job for me....now i dont have odin for this after all...i have paranoid .zip in my pc though..... Help needed....noob ..hell of noob in nexus.. Please help

vin4yak
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1854

DONATE TO ME
Hello,

Flash factory images and go back to fully stock and then start all over again.. Here are the steps:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/goog...image-t2513701

Don't know much about TWRP as I use PhilZTouch and adb sideload works just fine!

raghavsharmaxda
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 331
Quote:
Originally Posted by vin4yak View Post
Hello,
Flash factory images and go back to fully stock and then start all over again.. Here are the steps:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/goog...image-t2513701
Don't know much about TWRP as I use PhilZTouch and adb sideload works just fine!
It says..fast boot mode is not recognised as internal or external command...it comes like 4times..and says,clixk any button to exit..pls do help...

gee2012
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2804
Quote:
It says..fast boot mode is not recognised as internal or external command...it comes like 4times..and says,clixk any button to exit..pls do help...
Here is a tutorial to setup adb https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZY4KSrgi-rE correctly. Guess you missed something somewhere
USE Search: /this thread /all threads/Google before posting your question, you`re most likely not the first one having this issue

GUGUITOMTG4
Old
Thanks Meter 201
Quote:
If you put the files in the same folder that Fastboot.exe is, it will work
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -{()}- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -