Thanks Meter 2
Default [Q] ADB Push

Installing Cyanmod on N5

When following instructions from wiki

Quote:
Place the CyanogenMod rom .zip file on the root of the SD card using adb:

Transfer your file(s): adb push YOURROMZIP.zip /sdcard/
I get error:device cannot be found.

fastboot device command lists my serial number, adb kill/resume server commands work fine.

Is the wiki missing something?

I have also attempted this step.

Quote:
On some devices, the zip file can be copied to the device using standard USB Mass Storage or MTP support. Boot the device normally and transfer the file to it.
However after following the steps given in the Cyanmod wiki CWM version 6.04 installs the latest nightly and boots to a never ending load screen.

Any help much appreciated,

Cheers.

rootSU
Old
Thanks Meter 7400
Are you booted into cwm recovery when using adb?

-----------------------
Sent via tapatalk.

I do NOT reply to support queries over PM. Please keep support queries to the Q&A section, so that others may benefit
Always read the OP's of a thread and the last 2 pages before asking questions, unless there has been an update - in which case, read the last 5 pages!

nexus 5 | SlimKat | ElementalX kernel | Philz Touch Recovery

I do NOT reply to support queries over PM.

chdgzgfbzc
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
No the wiki states to boot back into recovery mode once the .img has been moved over to the sdcard so I am in fastboot mode when issuing the push command.

I did try this while in CWM recovery however Windows 7 looses the Android Bootloader Interface drivers and looses the device altogether. I then have the yellow exclamation mark over Android in Device manager.

jd1639
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2236
Did you wipe data, cache and dalvik in cwm before flashing the zip?

rootSU
Old
Thanks Meter 7400
Quote:
Originally Posted by chdgzgfbzc View Post
No the wiki states to boot back into recovery mode once the .img has been moved over to the sdcard so I am in fastboot mode when issuing the push command.

I did try this while in CWM recovery however Windows 7 looses the Android Bootloader Interface drivers and looses the device altogether. I then have the yellow exclamation mark over Android in Device manager.
You can only adb push in recovery or android. Not fastboot. Plus unless you have a custom kernel with insecure adb support, you can't use android either.

Your recovery issue seems you have a windows driver issue.

I had similar issues with cwm. I had to install drivers using mskip's toolkit. I normally would never advocate using a toolkit but for me it was the only way to get cwm recognised in windows

-----------------------
Sent via tapatalk.

I do NOT reply to support queries over PM. Please keep support queries to the Q&A section, so that others may benefit
Always read the OP's of a thread and the last 2 pages before asking questions, unless there has been an update - in which case, read the last 5 pages!

nexus 5 | SlimKat | ElementalX kernel | Philz Touch Recovery

I do NOT reply to support queries over PM.

chdgzgfbzc
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Yeah no doubt its a driver issue, but it is strange the USB drivers provided by google are not sufficient, unless the issue is with CWM.

I can install drivers from device manager whilst in CWM recovery, but I have so far found no source that states what drivers you need.

But yeah all cache etc wiped before install.

jd1639
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2236
Quote:
Originally Posted by chdgzgfbzc View Post
Yeah no doubt its a driver issue, but it is strange the USB drivers provided by google are not sufficient, unless the issue is with CWM.

I can install drivers from device manager whilst in CWM recovery, but I have so far found no source that states what drivers you need.

But yeah all cache etc wiped before install.
I also had a similar issue where drivers for fastboot worked fine but I couldn't get adb to work. What worked for me where the android naked usb drivers.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jd1639 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

chdgzgfbzc
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd1639 View Post
I also had a similar issue where drivers for fastboot worked fine but I couldn't get adb to work. What worked for me where the android naked usb drivers.
Cheers man, will give them a try.

akmsr
Old
Thanks Meter 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd1639 View Post
for me too. universal naked driver v.0.73. i did not need to install them beforehand either. i unzipped it on desktop, when got the warning that device can not be found, went to device manager, sure enough yellow icon on nexus 5. update driver, pointed to unzipped folder on desktop, done.

chdgzgfbzc
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by akmsr View Post
for me too. universal naked driver v.0.73. i did not need to install them beforehand either. i unzipped it on desktop, when got the warning that device can not be found, went to device manager, sure enough yellow icon on nexus 5. update driver, pointed to unzipped folder on desktop, done.
Yip the drivers worked sure enough for issuing commands in recovery.

Now after install and restart cyanogenmod is frozen on the boot screen.

Windows device manager shows Portable Device>Nexus 5 with yellow exclamation mark and "This device cannot start. (Code 10)" under properties.

OH WELL.

using

cm-11-20131229-NIGHTLY-hammerhead